Chocolate Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies.
I wish all Fridays could include cookies like these.
Lucky for us, it’s December and we have an excuse to eat a least a cookie or two a day. I made these chocolate peanut butter crinkle cookies earlier this week and they’re already long gone. Although, cookies never last more than a day or two around here, so I guess that was to be expected. Cookies are everyone’s favorite. As a lot of you probably assumed, chocolate and peanut butter is probably one of my favorite combos. It’s also a big time favorite of my older brother Brendan’s, who arrived with his girlfriend Lyndsie a week ago. Whenever I know people will be coming into town, I always try to make foods that I know they’ll love.
The main reason I started to get into cooking was because I love seeing the reaction on people’s faces when they take a bite of something delicious. To me, it’s the best feeling knowing I made someone so happy simply by making them food. It’s especially great when I give food to my brothers, who don’t normally get home cooked meals or fresh-baked desserts, and see their roll their eyes reaction…the best! The other day I baked up a batch of chocolate chip cookies for my younger brother Red, who is consistently traveling and almost never home. He literally took the entire 9×13 inch pan of cookies with him back to Copper where he is staying with the US Team and ate them all! Granted he had some help from all his friends, but the kid was pumped. I was feeling pretty good too, even though they were sugar loaded cookies, he was at least eating something homemade, and well, not from Chipotle…
Anyway, I guess my point is that I love making foods for the people around me. Sometimes it’s not even a matter of whether I like something, but more a matter of who I am feeding…cough, cough, chicken noodle casserole…Malachi and Creighton.
Thankfully, I am a fan of this combo of peanut butter and chocolate. These cookies are the bomb. And by that I just mean SO FREAKING DELICIOUS. Covered in chocolate, rolled in peanut butter, and doughy in the center, yum and YUM.
Oh, and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt, you know for good measure.
That extra chocolate drizzle you see on a few of those cookies is totally optional, well, it’s not optional in my mind, but you know, if you prefer just a little chocolate…I guess I get that. But the milk chocolate kiss in the center…a MUST. It kind of makes these cookies a cross between peanut butter blossoms and crinkle cookies. Unlike peanut butter blossoms, these cookies are soft and chewy and not the least bit dense, and the Hershey’s kiss, well that’s obviously perfection.
Can we talk about the crinkle factor to these cookies though? Before the cookies get baked the dough balls are rolled in a peanut butter/powdered sugar “crinkle” mix. This is what makes these crinkle cookies better than any other. Well, this and the chocolate…
Rolling the dough in the peanut butter and powdered sugar allows for ample peanut butter flavor with a touch of sweetness. It’s honestly just so delicious, like biting into a Reese’s, but in soft cookie form. In fact these might be better than Reese’s. <– bold but possibly true.
These cookies would be great for a cookie gift exchange, as easy holiday gifts, or simply to bake up on Christmas Eve and EAT! My whole family is arriving tomorrow and will be here through New Years, so it’s going to be rather crazy around here!
I’ll be back tomorrow for the second to last Christmas Drink Saturday and I am pretty excited about it! Also, I’m wondering if I should post the last Christmas Drink on Friday the 23rd, so you guys can have some time to buy ingredients and things, or should I post it on Christmas Eve? Thoughts? Let me know!
In preparation for a busy weekend, I think we should all probably be making these cookies tonight while sipping on this. Sound good? COOL.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies.
Course: Dessert, Snack
Keyword: chocolate, cookies, peanut butter
These cookies are the bomb. And by that I just mean SO FREAKING DELICIOUS. Covered in chocolate, rolled in peanut butter, and doughy in the center, yum and YUM.
- 2 sticks butter at room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 36-40 chocolate kisses
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter, 1/2 cup peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix until just combined. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup peanut butter and the powdered sugar. The mix will be clumpy and moist. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 3 days.
- Roll the cookie dough into 2 teaspoon size balls and then roll each ball through the peanut butter powdered sugar mix, pressing gently to adhere. Place 2-inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cookies are just set around the edges but still doughy in the center. It's important not to overbake these as they will be dry and crumbly. Remove from the oven and insert 1 kiss into the center of each cookie. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. If desired, drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with sea salt. Let the chocolate set at room temp. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
What are you guys baking up this weekend?