One cookie, two cookie, all the cookies please!!
Ahh sorry, don’t think that really makes sense, but the point is that it’s cookie season and I am ready!
Wait, I take that back. I actually ran out of butter yesterday (the horror) and need to restock, but I have plans to do this ASAP. Then I will be armed and fully ready.
Speaking of being ready, is anyone else totally ready for the weekend?!?! Why is it that the week following a big holiday is alway so brutal? I kind of just wish the whole month of December could be spent in my PJs’ dancing around to Christmas music and baking cookies.
FACT: it’s secretly my dream to be Mrs. Clause some day. I know that I’m way old enough to know better, but I will forever be a believer.
Never to old to believe. <–truth.
Here’s the deal, these cookies are kind of ideal for all your holiday needs. They’re quick and easy, sweet and salty, chocolatey and delicious. They literally have the most simple ingredient list and are perfect for everything from gifting, to serving at a party… to of course, sneaking away to secretly nosh on yourself…shhh, I will not tell.
Traditionally Crescent Cookies are made with almonds, but I was really feeling the cashews with these cookies. I wanted to keep close to tradition, but yet switch it up a bit, and a cashew crescent cookie that takes a little dip in some chocolate seemed kind of perfect to me.
The cookies are baked, dipped and ready for eating all in under an hour. After that, all you need is a super cold glass of Almond Breeze. The little brother and I (and apparently all his buddies too) are highly digging the Almondmilk Cashewmilk paired with these cookies!
I feel I should note that I’ve made these cookies three times now in the past week. I first made them, photographed them and then barely even got to try them because Red and all his friends rolled on in and decided they needed a four o’clock cookie break (you know, a break from all the hard work of snowboarding). The second time I made them I set them out on Thanksgiving for the family to snack on. They were gone in seconds! The third time I made them, mom and I decorated my Christmas tree.
Also, I feel you should know that these cookies here? They can totally take your mood from minus 0 to a very positive 10. I was kind of having a day the other day. Think complaining, meanness and just general “no fun Tieghan”, but these cookies totally put me in my happy place.
Double also, little brother Red was really digging the Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend. Who knew it would be his thing?!? Happy surprise for sure! 🙂
Alrighty, and finally, I wanted to share that I have teamed up with Blue Diamond Almond Breeze to launch their new Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend. This December, Almond Breeze is running an “Imagine the Blendabilities” contest in support of their new Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend. Head over to Almond Breeze and let them know what YOU would make with Almond Breeze’s new Almondmilk Cashewmilk blend. Your recipe idea will enter you for a chance to win an ultimate kitchen prize pack. Plus, just for entering you’ll receive cost-saving coupons (hurry though, those coupons go fast!).
I’m one of the judges, so if your recipe idea is selected, I’ll create a recipe based on your idea right here on Half Baked Harvest! I’m kind of, sort of, really excited!!
This is something totally new and different for me, what a fun opportunity! I am a huge fan of all of the Almond Breeze milks, but there is so much you can do with the Almondmilk Cashewmilk blend, so clearly I cannot wait to see what you guys come up with!!
Until then though, I highly recommend you make these cookies…like ASAP. Trust me, you need them in your life… now!
Chocolate Dipped Vanilla Bean Cashew Crescent Cookies.
Servings: 36 Cookies
Calories Per Serving: 125 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Original
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews finely chopped
- 1/2 vanilla bean seeds scraped
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate melted
View Recipe Comments
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the Almondmilk Cashewmilk and vanilla, beat until combined. Slowly add the flour and salt, beat until the dough comes together. If your dough is wet, add another tablespoon of flour, if the dough is dry, add another teaspoon of the milk.
- Stir in the finely chopped cashews.
- Roll 1 tablespoon of dough into a crescent shape. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. Bake until light golden brown, 18 to 25 minutes. Cool on trays for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the vanilla bean and 1/4 cup sugar in a food processor, process until the sugar is almost a fine powder, but not powdered sugar.
- Roll each cookie in vanilla sugar. Dip or drizzle with chocolate and place back on the baking sheet, allow the chocolate to set or stick in the fridge for 15 minutes to help the chocolate set faster. Store in an airtight container.
Happy cookies n’ milk season! hehe 🙂