Chocolate Chip Kahlua Cookies
That is our new head count………… for the next eleven days.
Eight have arrived. Seven more to go.
If you remember last Wednesday I said we would have a total of seventeen people in our house over Christmas. Well that seventeen has now turned into twenty one. So to summarize, that would now be 11 days, 21 people, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 1 kitchen table that seats 8.
So who are the lucky four that get to spend Christmas with a family probably more dysfunctional and crazy than the Griswold’s? That would be my cousins! The same cousins who we used to spend the week after Christmas with up at our rustic little cabin in Ripley, New York. It will be just like old times! Except with real mountains to snowboard (although we sure had a lot of fun cruzin off the deck!) and a whole lot more people!
The more the merrier…..Right?
No, but really? I could not be more happy and excited that they decided to leave deary old Cleveland and come spend Christmas with us! Word on the street is that it is gonna snow on both Christmas Eve and Christmas! There is nothing like a snowy white Christmas in the heart of the mountains!
When I found out that four more were added to list and that they would be arriving in less than 24 hours, I got my butt to the store. Stocked up as best as I could (I am defiantly headed back soon. I had a giant list and still somehow managed to forget a whole lot – hate that!) and came home and made a mad amount of cookies. Because everyone needs a cookie after a long and probably dreadful day of traveling!
And seriously, there could not be a better cookie to relax with! I mean you have got chocolate and just a kick of kahlua all baked into one heavenly cookie. Served up with a cold glass of milk. So comforting, so delicious!
Chocolate Chip Kahlua Cookies
There could not be a better cookie to relax with! I mean you have got chocolate and just a kick of kahlua all baked into one heavenly cookie. Served up with a cold glass of milk. So comforting, so delicious!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup butter softened, 2 sticks
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tablespoon espresso powder
- 1 Tablespoon Kahlua
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semit-sweet chocolate chips
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- In a small dish, dissolve espresso powder in Kahlua. Set aside.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in the kahlua mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture and add the 2 teaspoons of water.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. We like our cookies thin, so I like to press down in the cookie dough balls with the palm of my hand to help flatten the a bit.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Trust me these will melt your stress away!