So, the other day I went to Costco………..And I bought a lot.
A whole lot of bourbon! Does anyone else buy Bourbon by the half-gallon?
So, yeah I do not drink. Like at all, never tried the stuff, nor do I plan to. I have many reasons for this, but we will save that for another time. Everyone finds it so weird that I am always looking for alcohol, but do not actually drink it. And you know what I say? Just taste my food! I am telling you people it adds such amazing flavor to both you baking and cooking!
So I made sure I was stocked up for the holidays and went to Costco and bought a half-gallon of the good stuff. Along with some wine, vodka, a large bottle of Kahlua and 3 bottles of vanilla. All for my cooking and baking!
Really is there a better way to use bourbon than mixed with butter and chocolate?
Um and can I just say that Bourbon, chocolate and pecans are a trio made in heaven. Seriously.
The chocolate bourbon cupcakes alone are insanely good! The flavor is just out of this world and the bourbon highlights the chocolate so well. Then add the butter pecan frosting that could be eaten by the spoonful and you may just have one of the most delicious cupcakes of the season!
Chocolate Bourbon Cupcakes with Butter Pecan Frosting
Servings: 24 Cupcakes
Calories Per Serving: 365 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- For the Cupcakes
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup toasted Pecans chopped
- 24 Whole Pecans optional
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 2 standard cupcake pans with 24 liners.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, simmer bourbon and butter.
- Slowly whisk cocoa powder into saucepan until mixture is creamy.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk sugar, flour, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and greek yogurt with an electric mixer. Slowly add bourbon and cocoa mixture. Combine on low speed.
- Slowly add flour and sugar mixture, combining on low speed until completely incorporated.
- Fill baking cups three-fourths full. Bake for about 22 minutes. Cool.
- For the Frosting: In a medium sauce pan, melt together the butter, cream, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and boil for one minute.
- Remove from the heat and add to the bowl of a stand mixer. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Once cooled beat in the softened butter.
- Add the vanilla and powdered sugar to the bowl and beat together until well combined.
- MIx in the chopped pecans.
- Frost cupcakes. Place 1 whole pecan on each cupcake and drizzle with melted chocolate if desired,
View Recipe Comments
*The frosting may seem a little runny. This is fine, just frost your cupcakes and the frosting will stiffen up.
Bourbon. Chocolate. Pecans. YUM