My new go-to weeknight dinner – Easy Chipotle Salmon Burgers. Smoky, slightly spicy, chipotle-seasoned salmon burgers. Pan-fried until crispy with melty Havarti cheese. Then sandwiched between toasted brioche buns with creamy, spicy-sweet chipotle mayo. These colorful and fresh salmon burgers are simple to make and full of so much flavor. Great for spring and summer, plus so delicious!
Well, these are different! I never make burgers, but something inside me really wanted to make THIS burger. Something chipotle salmon was the original idea. And then a burger just sounded so fun for the spring and summer months.
I decided a burger could be a great recipe, so I nervously tested the recipe, and you all? These burgers are something special. So special that my dad mentioned this might be his favorite dinner of all.
That is saying A LOT. I don’t love the photos, but I LOVE this recipe.
Now, a few notes. This is a salmon burger and the burger should be pan-fried, not grilled. I think if they were grilled, they could fall apart.
For the actual salmon, I used canned. This is my go-to brand for canned salmon and tuna, we love it. Having canned salmon on hand makes for some of the easiest recipes. Plus it’s delicious and incredibly healthy too.
This recipe is so simple, so we gotta love that.
Grab your cooked salmon and mix it with Panko bread crumbs, eggs, chipotle in adobo sauce, tamari for a nice saltiness, honey to balance the spice level, garlic, and chili powder.
Make 3 or 4 burgers, I like to do 4 smaller burgers. Then, pan-fry each in a skillet with oil. I use either use avocado oil or olive oil.
Next up, the cheese! Yes, cheese and seafood. It does work. Add a slice of Havarti cheese to each burger and let it melt over the crispy patties.
Mix up the mayo, chipotle in adobo, honey, mayo, and sea salt. Then, layer your toasted brioche buns with mayo, the cheesy spicy burgers, and a handful of lettuce, plus avocado.
Serve with extra mayo, of course. Totally delicious and this will be great for the warmer spring and summer days ahead!
Looking for other salmon recipes? Here are a few…
Lastly, if you make these Easy Chipotle Salmon Burgers, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Easy Chipotle Salmon Burgers
Servings: 3 burgers
Calories Per Serving: 663 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 14 ounces cooked salmon (I use canned)
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs use gluten-free if needed
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped chipotle in adobo
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup mixed fresh chopped cilantro/dill
- 3-4 Havarti cheese slices
- avocado or olive oil, for cooking
- 3-4 brioche burger buns, toasted use gluten-free buns if needed
- shredded lettuce and avocado, for serving
View Recipe Comments
- 1. To make the burgers. In a bowl mix the salmon, Panko, eggs, chipotle in adobo, tamari, honey, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, pepper, and herbs. Form into 3-4 burgers.2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the burgers for 3-5 minutes on each side until crispy. Add a cheese slice to each, cook until melted, 1-2 minutes.3. For the mayo, combine all ingredients in a bowl.4. To assemble, layer your toasted buns with chipotle mayo, cheesy burgers, lettuce, avocado, and herbs. Add the top bun. Enjoy with lots of extra mayo. Yummmy!