Sooo, how exited are we about this season’s cherries?
I am pretty head over heals for all things cherry at the moment…which is why I made this cobbler. See lately, every time I have to run to the store (so like everyday), I see those pretty red cherries and I just HAVE to buy a bag. I am beyond fearful of the day that I go to the store and they are no longer on the shelves. Therefore, I am stocking up. The problem is that even though I seem to think my stomach is huge and can hold pounds and pounds of cherries, it’s actually pretty tiny and well, can’t.
The good news is, I can make cobbler with all my excess cherries. And trust me, this is such good, good news! Specifically cherry cobbler with honey butter vanilla bean biscuits (so much yum!) and then served with this salty honey ice cream.
Just yes in so many ways.
For the full recipe head on over to the beautiful Inspired Home site!
Cherry Cobbler with Honey Butter Vanilla Bean Biscuits
Servings: 6 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 374 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly rub 8-9 inch pie plate with a little softened butter or cooking spray. In the pie plate, combine the cherries, coconut sugar (use 1/2 cup if you prefer things a bit sweeter), lemon juice, vanilla, vanilla bean (if using), a pinch of sea salt and bourbon (if using). Toss well to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Whisk until combined. Using a fork, pastry blender or your hands, add butter pieces to the flour and mix until coarse little crumbles remain. Whisk together the buttermilk and honey and pour into the flour. Stir with a spoon until just combined, trying not to over mix. Use your hands if needed to bring the dough together.
- Use a 1/4 cup measure to drop batter onto the cherries or press dough on a sheet of parchment paper or cutting board, and then use a biscuit cutter to shape the dough into rounds. Place the rounds on top of the cobbler.
- Bake the cobbler for 40-45 minutes or until the cherries are bubbling and the biscuits lightly golden. If the biscuits begin to get too golden, cover the cobbler with foil until the cherries are fully cooked. Serve warm. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with scoop of ice cream if desired.
Ok and now, here are some of my current favorite links. I feel like I have not done this in forever!!
…this gorgeous tomato and mozzarella salad. So pretty – those tomatoes!
…this dairy free frozen lemon custard with summer berry crumble. So much awesomeness going on here!
…loving this summer melon salad. I need more melon in my life!
…these lamb and rice stuffed squash blossoms. Such a perfect summer meal.
…this tigers milk cocktail. So fun!
…crushing on this cream of basil soup with a corn + cucumber salad. So my kind of soup!
…how awesome is this bourbon honey peach galette with buttermilk crust + pistachios. Gimme!!
…this super green falafel with turmeric tahini sauce. YUM!
…these spiced pineapple mojitos. I want all the pineapple!
…I want all of this pretty strawberry peach pie.
…totally making this charred corn with miso butter, bacon + garlic scapes.
…warming up with this (cause it is cold and raining!) dressed up ramen. I mean, spicy Thai coconut? yes!!
Have a great summer Sunday and don’t forget to check out this cobbler recipe here!