Buffalo Chicken + Avocado BLT Wraps.
I feel kind of bad, BLT’s on St. Patrick’s Day?
I know BLT’s are good any day, but I sort of feel like I should have posted something a little more Irish today.
Hey, at least I have a little green, a little orange and a little white going on. I mean, those are the Irish colors after all (lets just pretend we don’t see that little pop of red).
What are you guys doing today?
Is it a totally normal day or are you heading out to one of the parades? Growing up in Cleveland, the St. Patrick’s Day parade was the place to be. I always remember my brothers trying to get out of school so they could go. I do not really remember ever going (but I did when I was little), but I know it’s one of my oldest brother’s favorite days. Oddly he looks extremely Irish, so I guess it makes sense. Unfortunately, he is the one with the broken neck, so he’ll be layin low in Colorado this year. I’m sure all his friends back in Cleveland will have an extra green beer for him.
So anyway, I made us wraps!!
AND I do not think I ever want to do it again. Wraps = one of the hardest things to photograph and try to make look pretty. There were multiple times that I said I was done and was just gonna skip the whole recipe, but then I couldn’t, because the recipe is so good. And simple, which makes it even better.
Basically, I am instructing you to make BLT’s, add some buffalo chicken + avocados + potato chips.
Oh and get this, I had this grand idea of stuffing the wraps with potato chips. It was so gooood, but I realized once I actually looked through the gazillion of photos I took, that I never actually added them into the wraps. Seriously, why do I do this to myself.
I need to learn to STOP and THINK before I photograph. It would really be so helpful. I need to make this my new goal.
Just make sure you don’t skip the potato chips. So good.
It gives the whole wrap a little crunch. Gotta love all that texture. Or at least I do!
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Buffalo Chicken + Avocado BLT Wraps.
Course: Main Course, Sandwiches
Keyword: BLT, buffalo, chicken, wrap
Basically, I am instructing you to make BLT's, add some buffalo chicken + avocados + potato chips.
- 1/2 cup butter melted, 1 stick
- 1/2 cup hot sauce I like to use franks original hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt check for gluten free labels
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders or breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices thick cut bacon fried
- 2 tomatoes sliced and sprinkled with salt + pepper
- 1 large head buttered lettuce chopped
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted + sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- potato chips lightly crushed (make sure they are gluten free if needed)
- 4 whole wheat tortillas warmed (use gluten free wraps if needed)
- ranch or blue cheese dressing for serving
- In a medium bowl mix together the butter, hot sauce and seasoned salt. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat or preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons of the buffalo sauce and toss again. Grill the chicken for 5 minutes per side or until cooked through. OR bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the grill or oven and shred with two forks or your hands. Toss with more buffalo sauce (leave some for serving).
- To assemble the wraps layer a little buffalo chicken in the middle of each wrap. Now add bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado. Drizzle with extra buffalo sauce, sprinkle with blue cheese and cilantro. Add some potato chips. Roll up the tortilla and serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing +more buffalo sauce + potato chips. EAT!
Oh and buffalo sauce + bacon? Yeah, it’s awesome.