Simple. Siiiiiimple. Simple. Simple.
That would be this pasta. Simple and delicious. Quick and easy.
Perfect for a busy Monday night when all you want is a bowl of pasta.
Seriously, it is kind of embarrassing how simple this pasta is.
So, I have a confession to make. I just did not want to cook today. Like at all. I wanted nothing to do with my beloved mixer, hot oven or my very temperamental stove. I just was not feeling it today. What can I say, it happens. When it does I make pasta. Pasta is always comforting and always delicious and can be made with just a few simple ingredients.
Sometimes simple is just what we need. And who said simple had to be boring? I don’t do boring. While at least I don”t do boring food. Which is rather ironic, because me on the other hand, now that’s a different story.
I am very predictable. I cook, I clean, I hike, I grocery shop, I write, I do weird things with food to make it look extra pretty, I run around like a mad person, I sleep and then I do it all over again the next day.
READ: World’s most boring human being.
Red Pepper Garlic Chicken Sausage Pasta
Servings: 6 servings
Calories Per Serving: 344 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Collection
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 1 pound spicy Italian chicken sausage removed from casings
- 2 red bell peppers sliced into strips
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves large garlic peeled and lightly crushed
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes plus more if desired
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan plus more for garnish
- In a small pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until light brown and fragrant. It's important not too burn the garlic or else it will become bitter. Remove and discard the browned garlic. Add the red pepper flakes and saute for 1 minute. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high with a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the chicken sausages and break up using a wooden spoon; brown all over. Add the bell peppers and saute until soft.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the fettuccine until al dente. Reserve about 1/2 cup of pasta water and drain the rest.
- Add the pasta to the sausage skillet and toss, toss, toss to combine. Carefully add the garlic oil and as much pasta water as you need to make a sauce. Add the parmesan and toss some more.
- Remove pan from heat and top with fresh herbs.
- Serve hot.
So go make pasta! So simple, but so so good!