Let’s talk pomegranates.
Pleazzzz tell me you have had pomegranate seeds or arils as they are properly called, but who am I kidding we are SO not proper over here.
Pomegranate seeds are the most delicious thing about winter, I mean why should summer have all the fun?
Now, normally I don’t mix fruit and chocolate. Unless…..unless it’s chocolate and bananas. But I mean it’s chocolate and bananas, so that just does not count. Actually, I can not think of anytime were I have ever mixed my fruit (other than bananas) with chocolate.
I know. I know. What about Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Chocolate Mousse with Raspberries or Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake. Nope, none of those will fly around here. We like our fruit as fruit and our chocolate, well very chocolaty. What can I say, we don’t mess around when it comes to chocolate.
So I have no idea what come over me when I decided to make chocolate chip muffins……..with pomegranate seeds.
While I have changed my tune! These muffin are soooo good. I mean like lick the muffin wrapper clean good (trust me I have done this……several times now).
You guys, words do not describe this muffin’s deliciousness. The pomegranate seeds just make these muffins…..not the chocolate! WOW! I can not believe I just said that, but it’s true. The chocolate really just helps the pomegranate seeds shine.
Oh, yeah. Did I mention these are butter free and whole wheat?
Pop um like candy!
Pomegranate Chocolate Chip Muffins
Servings: 16 Muffins
Calories Per Serving: 231 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Collection
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour or you can use all white flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups large or 4 small ripe bananas mashed (about 1 1/4 )
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup milk I used 2%
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips rounded
- 1/2-3/4 cups pomegranate seeds arils
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- In a larger bowl, whisk egg and add brown sugar, mixing until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract. Add greek yogurt and canola oil and mix. Stir in dry ingredients, then add mashed bananas and milk, mixing until batter comes together. The batter will be slightly thick. Stir in chocolate chips and pomegranate seeds. Using an ice cream scoop or 1/4 cup measure, scoop batter into liners until 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Let cool completely.
The most moist muffin you’ll ever eat. No, seriously.