So yesterday was like a gazillion ingredients.
Today there is six, seven including the salt and pepper.
But really no one counts salt and pepper.
Originally, I had something else for today, but since yesterday was a big meal I figured today I would go the appetizer/ side dish route. For some reason I really like creating full course meals for you guys. Appetizers have never been a big thing in my family. It was always dinner and then dessert.
These though are the perfect appetizer or the perfect side dish. I served them as a side since the only entertaining we do is feeding and cleaning up after dirty snowboarders. They want just one giant meal – all at once.
Basically it is a free for all around here.
Ahh! Wait, stop all previous thoughts.
I literally just got news that I have a new cousin.
A little baby boy!!
I think that is still being determined.
Welcome to the family kid!
You now have a total of twenty-six aunts, uncles and cousins, plus your dad’s side of aunts, uncles and cousins – all looking out for you.
We are crazy, but we’ll love you for life. Even if you are some crazy Italian like your dad who lives for his Momma’s homemade meatball subs. Although, who can blame him? I am betting those subs are out of this world!
Lest just hope you get your mom’s dimples, your dad’s golfing skills and maybe a little less of your big sister’s feistiness. I take that back, your dad probably wants you to have that.
Congratulations Erin and Joe!
Oh and of course congrats on becoming a big sister Alexa!
Alright, now that I have shared my family news lets talk about these polenta rounds.
Awesome out of this world polenta.
These polenta rounds, that I almost did not make because I thought you guys might think they were boring. Trust me, they are so not boring.
First, the grilled polenta.
Holy moly, oh my gosh. Grilled polenta is so good.
It’s like a crunchy chip on the outside, but with just a little softness on the inside. It’s crazy.
Then the warm gorgonzola with the the crisp peach?
I am loving the cheese and fruit combos so much this summer.
I am addicted, and I think it may be becoming a problem.
Which is where the sweet and spicy chipotle honey comes in.
Yes, chipotle honey. Sounds a bit strange, but they actually go great together. Try it, you’ll like it!
- Brush both sides of the polenta cakes with the olive oil, and set aside.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to high heat. Lay the polenta rounds in one layer on the grill, and grill for 5 minutes on each side or until both sides are golden and crunchy and have grill marks.
- Remove the cakes from the grill and place on a large sheet of tin foil. Turn the grill down to medium.
- Top each polenta round with an even amount of gorgonzola cheese and 2 to 3 slices of peach. Carefully lift the foil onto the grill and grill for 5 minutes or until the cheese is warm and melty. Remove from the grill and drizzle with the chipotle honey.
- To make the chipotle honey add the honey and chipotle in adobo to a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Taste and add more chipotle if you like it smokier/hotter.
I am thinking cupcakes need to be made to celebrate…….