It is Christmas Eve!
The house full, the fridge is stocked, the snow is falling and the frantic running around has begun (umm, actually that has been going on for the last two weeks!).
We are prepping dinner, making chex mix, wrapping gifts and constantly snacking!
Yes, Snacks. We need lots and lots of snacks!
With so many people in the house we need something everyone can snack on between meals. Something healthy to balance out all the umm, cream, butter, and chocolate!
These glazed nut are the perfect thing! Nice and sweet from the maple syrup with a nice and fun kick of espresso to keeps us going all night long! These will please everyone from meat eaters all the way to the vegans!
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Whisk the syrup, coconut oil, espresso powder and salt together until the espresso is mostly dissolved.
- Spread nuts and pepitas on the lined baking sheet and toss with the syrup mixture.
- Spread into an even layer while keeping the nuts and seeds touching.
- Bake for 10 minutes, toss with a spatula and bake for another 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for about 30 minutes until the glaze has hardened up a bit.
- Break apart and place in jars, then seal with a lid or place in one large container.
*adapted from Ashley.
Santa Clause is coming to town!