Asian Veggie Noodle Bowl with Grilled Steak
I am kind of excited about this one.
For one, just look at those colors! Don’t they just sorta make you feel happy? Like the feeling you get when you feel that first spring breeze after a long, cold, snowy winter (which around here lasts till June, and even then it’s still pretty cold).
Noodle bowls are so much fun. There is so much going on in this one bowl, it’s awesome!
Honestly, it’s just so exciting! There is broccoli, the cutest little mini bell peppers, sugar snap peas, super thin noodles and grilled steak! Oh, and I am just now realizing it is like totally and completely gluten free. Naturally. Whew, it is like the perfect bowl. Well unless you’re a vegetarian in which case you can skip the steak part and swap in mushrooms (or just double up on the veggies).
If you have never used vermicelli noodles get excited. Their tiny, glossy and delicious. You can find them in the asian/ethnic isle of almost all grocery stores these days, but if for some terrible reason you can not find them, angel hair past is a great stand in.
If you have not noticed I am kind of obsessed with Asian dishes these days. I mean they are just so good. So many flavors, so much variation, so much color! Again, just so exciting!
Ok, I am annoying you yet?
I will stop. Now.
This bowl is healthy, satisfying and quick. Oh, and just so gosh darn pretty.
I suggest making it now……
Veggie Noodle Bowl with Grilled Steak
Course: Main Course
Keyword: noodle bowl
Noodle bowls are so much fun. There is so much going on in this one bowl, it's awesome!
- For the noodle bowl
- 1 pound beef tenderloin you can also use flank steak
- 2 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 head broccoli separated
- 10-12 mini sweet peppers sliced
- 1 bag sugar snap peas 8oz
- 1 8 oz package brown rice noodles or vermicelli noodles you can also just use angel hair pasta
- pinch or salt
- pinch of pepper
- sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 4 teaspoons sambal oelek
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425* degrees.
- Toss the broccoli and peppers with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sprinkle with salt + pepper, and place on the baking sheet. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until just starting to brown. Remove from the oven and toss well. Add the sugar snap peas and roast for 5 minutes longer.
- Heat your grill to medium high or small cast iron skillet on medium high. Rub the steaks with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper on both sides and grill or sear until your preferred doneness. I like mine about medium-rare, which was about 5 minutes per side (this depends on the thickness of your steak). Remove from heat, tent and let rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook noodles according to package directions.
- In a glass measuring cup or small bowl mix the tahini, soy sauce, orange juice, lime juice, brown sugar, fish sauce, sambal oelek, rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil, orange zest, grated ginger, and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Slice the steak into thin strips. In a bowl, toss the noodles with as much dressing as you would like (I used all of it).
- Portion noodles in each bowl, then pour the veggies overtop. Top with each bowl with a serving of steak. Add more dressing if desired.
- Serve warm!
Your day will be brighter. Literally.