Toasted S’more Chocolate Ice Cream Cups.
Toasted S’more Chocolate Ice Cream Cups! Homemade chocolate shells filled with chocolate ice cream, graham cracker crumble, and topped with toasted marshmallow meringue. These are just like a S’more, but in a cute little handheld chocolate cup AND with the addition of ice cream. The perfect summer treat!
And just like that it’s Friday! This week flew bye and was packed with a lot of cooking, video making, photographing, so many phone calls, and a lot of writing. All good things, but I do have to say that I’m looking forward to some vacation time in the Caribbean with my family next week. Granted I have so much to do before I leave, but the blue water, heat, sunshine, and family time will all be worth it!
To be brutally honest, I’m actually loving these jam packed days. I’m the kind of person that thrives on being busy, so this is kind of, sort of, working for me. But some more hours of sleep will surely be welcomed this weekend. Also happening this weekend? Some serious shopping for warm weather clothes! You guys, I swear I have only sweatshirts, leggings, and jeans. Nothing suitable for the hot temperatures of the Caribbean. I’m thinking a couple new swim suits and breezy summer dresses are in order. I will be sure to share my picks in Sunday’s Favorites Post!
Let me tell you about these chocolate ice cream filled chocolate cups with toasted meringue and homemade graham cracker crumble.
First things first, I feel like I need to break these chocolate cups down for you layer by layer, here we go:
Layer One: chocolate cup shell. Melted chocolate molded into a cupcake liner. Simple, but fun, right?
Layer Two: a lite sprinkle of a homemade graham cracker crumble. This is DELICIOUS and addicting. If you have any leftover try sprinkling it over yogurt for a sweet toping. Yum.
Layer Three: chocolate ice cream. You could make your own or use store-bought. I actually made goat milk chocolate ice cream, because along with a mass amount of fresh chicken eggs, I also have mass amounts of goat milk.
Layer Four: peanut butter. This is totally optional, but you guys know me. I love a good chocolate and peanut butter situation.
Layer Five: toasted meringue. Or marshmallow, or whatever you want to call it. It’s whipped egg whites and sugar, and it is good.
Layer Six: another sprinkle of that homemade graham cracker crumble. Because why not?
You see? Kind of like a S’more, but possibly better, because ice cream + homemade meringue = delicious. Duh.
It might seem like these have a lot happening, but in reality, these are actually pretty simple and easy to make. The most annoying part is waiting for everything to freeze together, but if you can plan a little a ahead of time, it’s no big deal.
And let’s just be real, these are DELICIOUS and you need them in your life this summer. No matter what.
You can make the cups, fill them with ice cream, and leave them in the freezer for up to a month or so. This makes them great to make in advance for summer parties and upcoming 4th of July. The only important thing you have to do before serving is whip up the meringue and toast it, which really takes no time at all.
Also, you’ll need a blow torch for this recipe. If you don’t have one, either leave the meringue un-toasted or better yet, invest in a blow torch. It’s not a tool you will use every single day, but it does come in handy, especially if you love baking.
And even if you just use it for these chocolate cups, it’s worth it. These are sweet, creamy, chocolatey, and the best hand-held ice cream treat. Thinking your weekend should include one or two of these. Yup. It should.
If you make these toasted meringue chocolate filled ice cream cups, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you. Oh, and of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram so I can see! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Toasted S'more Chocolate Ice Cream Cups
Keyword: ice cream cake, marshmallows
Homemade chocolate shells filled with chocolate ice cream, graham cracker crumble, and topped with toasted marshmallow meringue. These are just like a S'more, but in a cute little handheld chocolate cup AND with the addition of ice cream. The perfect summer treat!
- 1 sleeve of graham crackers, crushed
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 6 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (optional)
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup granulated or caster (powdered) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. To make the graham cracker crumble. Combine the graham crackers, butter, and honey in a medium bowl. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake until light golden brown, about 10 minutes.
3. Place 12 cupcake liners in a cupcake mold. Using the back of a spoon, smooth the melted chocolate up the sides of the liners. Sprinkle a little of the graham cracker crumble into the bottom of each cup (reserve the rest for serving). Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes or until firm. Fill each cup with chocolate ice cream and a layer of peanut butter, if using. Freeze until firm, about 1-2 hours or overnight.
5. Just before serving, make the marshmallow. Bring a large pot of water to simmer. Whisk the egg whites and sugar together in the bowl of a stand mixer. Place the bowl of the stand mixer over the pot of simmering water and cook, stirring often, until the egg whites are very warm to the touch and the sugar has dissolved, remove the bowl from the heat. Whip the egg whites on high until stiff peaks form. Add the vanilla and whip to combine.
6. Top the frozen cups with marshmallow. Using a blow torch, toast the marshmallow. Serve immediately.
See you all tomorrow for the first summer edition of Cocktail Saturday!
Our Favorite Recipes
The Lighter Cheese Board.