Sweet Potato Parmesan Tater Tots.
Guys, it is mad snowing out right now.
Whats new, right? It has been snowing since September and won’t stop till June up here. Oh man, that’s still four months. My brother Brendan is currently in LA. I say currently because he wanders, like all over the country, no actually all over the world. He just got back from snowboarding all over Europe. He started in Turkey and from there he went to Germany, Austria, Switzerland, back to Germany, then on to Sweden, back to Turkey and finally back to California. Wow, rattling that all off just makes me tired. He is twenty-two, I am pretty sure he has seen more of the world than most eighty year olds.
So, yeah know he is in LA and apparently it is 80 degrees and sunny. I am jealous.
He is probably skateboarding (or maybe on his bike, who knows) around the La Brea Tar Pits, while stuffing his face with endless amounts of tacos from all the AWESOME food trucks that are parked on Wilshire Blvd come 10:30am.
If you have never been to LA, you need to go just to eat from all the food trucks. They are all over, making the tiny streets even more impossible to maneuver. Ugh, LA traffic is the worst. There are many reasons why living in LA was not for me, but the traffic was high up on my list! It is hard to handle. Although, right now I think I would trade the snow for the traffic and 80 degrees.
There was this food truck called Fresh Fries. Yeah, Fresh Fries. They made fancy fries and covered them in all kinds of crazy sauces. It was kind of awesome. I mean it was a truck devoted to all things fries. How could that not be awesome? The sweet potato fries were amazing.
I feel like these sweet potato parmesan tater tots with a spicy sriracha ketchup belong on their menu. I know they are technically not fries, but honestly they’re better. I rolled them in a coating of crushed sweet potato chips and baked them instead of frying. The results were so good. Crunchy outside, soft inside. The parmesan just put them over the top good. Like shovel one in after the next. It’s a good thing that one, they are baked and two, the sriracha ketchup adds some heat so water breaks are necessary.
Sweet, cheesy pillows of sweet potato parmesan heaven!
Sweet Potato Parmesan Tater Tots.
Keyword: tater tots
- Sweet Potato Tater Tots:
- 3 pounds medium sweet potatoes about 1 1/2
- 2 tablespoons butter melted or softened
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounce cups sweet potato chips crumbs 6-7 bag
- Spicy Sriracha Ketchup:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha hot chili sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prick the sweet potatoes all over with fork. Bake directly on the rack until tender, 50-60 minutes. Allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Once cool use your hands to peel away the sweet potatoes skin. It should just easily slip off. Place the potatoes in a medium size bowl and mash with the butter. Stir in the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease a baking sheet with olive oil and place the sweet potato chip crumbs (I recommend pulsing the chips in your food processore, you want fine crumbs, like bread crumbs) in a shallow bowl. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the sweet potato mixture into you hand and roll into a cylinder. The sweet potato mixture will be wet, but this is fine. The shape does not need to be perfect and you can fix it once you have rolled them in the chips. Roll the sweet potatoes in the chips and coat well. If you need to re-shape the cylinders do so now. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all of the sweet potato mixture is gone. Spray the tater tots with cooking spray and then sprinkle with more parmesan cheese if desired (do this!). Bake for 15 minutes and flip the the tater tots over and bake another 10-15 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove from oven and serve immediately with the spicy sriracha ketchup.
- To make the spicy sriracha ketchup combine the ketchup and the sriracha in a small bowl.
I guess I will just have to pretend I am back in LA!
Shared with: Inside BruCru Life, Lil Luna, Chef In Training, Buns In my Oven, Foodie Friday Friends, Tidy Mom, Taste and Tell, Cheerios and Lattes, Somewhat Simple, Mom on Timeout, I Heart Nap Time, Fine Craft Guide, The Country Cook, Whipperberry, Chef In Training