AKA roasted red pepper and walnut dip!!
If you’re new to Muhammara, it’s a pureed roasted red pepper and walnut spread/dip commonly made in the middle east. It’s completely addicting…especially when served with a side of homemade naan or pita chips.
Along with roasted red peppers, this muhammara recipe also includes sun-dried tomatoes, which adds a slight sweetness to the spread. Top it off with a little olive oil, toasted cumin seeds, and flaky sea salt…SO GOOD.
This recipe makes a lot. Therefore, I’ll often make it on a Sunday and snack on it throughout the week. This spread is also great for livening up a meal, simply serve it alongside a roasted chicken, sandwiches, or even a salad with some naan.
Obviously, it’s also awesome as an easy and healthy appetizer. Perfect for the warmer months of the year when you’re wanting to serve a lighter spread, or a spread that can sit at room temperature for a while.
Sun-Dried Tomato Muhammara (Roasted Red Pepper Spread)
Servings: 2 cups
Calories Per Serving: 927 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Shop ingredients at your local Target store. Learn more
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, oil drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil (I use the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes)
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/3 cups toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- flakey sea salt
- In a food processor, combine the roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, paprika, half the walnuts and a large pinch of both salt and pepper. Pulse until completely smooth and combined. Stir in the remaining walnuts.
Heat a small skillet over medium heat and add the cumin seeds. cook stirring often until toasted, about 3-5 minutes. Spread the dip on a plate and drizzle with olive oil. Top with cumin seeds and salt.
View Recipe Comments
Nutritional values are based on one cup