Spicy Chipotle Pumpkin Hummus.
Can you guys believe that Halloween is Friday?
It seriously boggles my mind. How is time going by so fast. I am already working on holiday foods. No really, I am. That is what I spent Friday doing and I have to say, I kind of loved every second of it. Holiday freak over here.
So let’s talk Halloween. I love Halloween and seeing as there is so much cool stuff floating around on this big old internet of ours I thought it’d be fun to throw in a few spooky links this week. You’re never too old for a little Halloween fun… or candy. Just sayin.
First up though, this Spicy Chipotle Pumpkin Hummus. It’s so autumn like and so good. Adding pumpkin to hummus only makes things creamier, smoother and just plain better. Then throw in a few chipotle peppers and YUM.
Spicy Chipotle Pumpkin Hummus
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- kosher salt and pepper
1. Combine the chickpeas, pumpkin and olive oil in a food processor and puree until smooth.
2. Finely chop the chipotle chilies and add to a bowl. Mix the chilies with the garlic, honey, cinnamon, cayenne, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and salt and pepper. Stir half chipotle mix into the hummus, and add the remaining to the top of the hummus. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with pepitas seeds before serving.
3. Serve with chips, naan or other foods for dipping.
Don’t forget to check out the chipotle pumpkin hummus recipe here.