Simple Coconut Chicken Curry
Dinner tonight? Curry? Yes!
Super simple Coconut Chicken Curry. Lets call it the Monday night curry.
Oh, Monday. You came way too fast. Why does this always happen?
After last nights Superbowl feast I am betting you all want something not laden with cheese, buffalo sauce, or anything fried. Maybe, just maybe, you want something with a little green. You know for good measure.
If you can believe it, we actually had no Superbowl food. Like nothing, notta, zip, zap, zero! I know, what the?!?
Honestly, we did not even watch the game live! I know, please do not hate me.
See, I know nothing about football and the people who love it and know everything were not around. My mom and younger brother had to catch a flight to Europe (my brother is competing in the European Open for snowboarding), which meant my dad had to drive them down to Denver. So he taped the game and we watched it about two hours behind, fast forwarded through the commercials and watched just a little bit of Beyonce.
Then to top it off, we ate Curry. On Superbowl Sunday. I know. What the heck is wrong with us?
In our defense this curry is really good. It is healthy Indian comfort food and it easy and quick which is just pretty freaking awesome. It is creamy, spicy, healthy and delicious. See, Monday does not have to be all bad!
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Simple Coconut Chicken Curry
Course: Main Course
Keyword: chicken curry
A healthy Indian comfort food that is easy and quick
- 2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into small bite size pieces, about 1
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 pieces heads broccoli separated into bit size
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 can coconut milk (I used regular but lite works great)
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a medium size pan over medium-high heat add peanut peanut oil. Toss the chicken with the curry powder and saute until cooked, about 5-8 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add more oil if needed and saute the broccoli, garlic and ginger. After a few minutes, add the coconut milk and let simmer for 5-8 minutes. The broccoli should soften but still be tender-crisp.Add the curry paste to the pan and stir it until it combines with the coconut milk. Slide back in the chicken and any juices. Bring to a slight boil and add the cornstarch. Boil for about a minute, then reduce heat and let cool slightly (about another 2 to three minutes). Sauce will thicken as the mixture cools. Watch it closely, you do not want it to get to thick!
- Serve over white or brown rice.
Are we still friends?
Shared with: Inside BruCru Life, Lil Luna, Chef In Training, Buns In my Oven, Foodie Friday Friends, Tidy Mom, Taste and Tell, Cheerios and Lattes, Somewhat Simple, Mom and Timeout, I Heart Nap Time, Fine Craft Guide