Sheet Pan Chicken Tzatziki and Sweet Potatoes. Street food-inspired oven-roasted chicken served bowl-style with all the extras and topped with everything pickled. Rice, pickles, fresh herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, pepperoncini, and plenty of feta. Then add a delicious creamy tzatziki sauce and lemon honey garlic tahini. The result is a yummy Greek-inspired sheet pan meal that everyone will love.
This dinner bowl has a little bit of everything, which is why I love it so much. It’s Greek-inspired and so delicious.
Around this time last year I made Chicken Tzatziki Bowls that have been so popular over the past year. That recipe became everyone’s favorite. I too love to make those bowls, they’re full of so many yummy flavors.
This year, I’ve been making a lot of sheet pan dinners that include chicken and a vegetable. But I wanted to make a new Greek-inspired bowl with even more color.
What I did next was to open my fridge and proceed to remove every ingredient that looked yummy. My assortment ended up being all of my favorite pickled condiments: dill pickles, pickled red onion, pickled jalapeños, and pepperoncini. Yep, I decided to make a chicken bowl with “all things pickled” plus some sun-dried tomatoes in oil.
My ingredient decision-making process sounds a bit silly, but I love the way this turned out. And it’s so easy to create on a weeknight!
Here are the details
Step 1: season the chicken
The chicken is where you want to start. It’s seasoned with smoked paprika, oregano, onion, garlic, and turmeric. Super flavorful.
Mix the chicken on a sheet pan. Then, on the other side of the sheet pan, add the sweet potatoes, tossing them simply with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast both together until they each get a bit crispy.
Step 2: the honey garlic tahini
While the chicken is roasting, I like to make a quick homemade honey garlic tahini sauce. It’s tahini, a bit of garlic, lemon, honey, and salt. So simple but the honey in the sauce really makes it special. Do not skip it.
We love this sauce drizzled over the sweet potatoes, especially with toasted sesame seeds on top.
Step 3: the toppings
The toppings are really up to you. I used dill pickles, pickled red onions, pickled jalapeños, pepperoncini, and sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil. I tossed my “pickled things” with a handful of fresh herbs (a mix of dill, basil, parsley, and cilantro).
You can use a mix of condiments you love most here, but I thought the pickles were especially delicious with the pepperoncini.
Step 4: now the Tzatziki sauce
I usually make my own Tzatziki sauce with plain Greek yogurt, cucumbers, garlic, lemon, and dill. Then, I love to add a jalapeño for a little bit of kick.
You can easily pick up Tzatziki at the grocery store as well. Do whatever you have time for!
Step 5: put it all together
By now, you all know that I love a delicious bowl-style dinner. Most of my “bowl” recipes begin with a base of rice, so I started there. I then layered on the chicken and sweet potatoes, adding lots of Tzatziki and honey tahini. I finished each bowl with a sprinkling of feta cheese, then added my “pickled things” salad mix.
It could not have come out more delicious. A super flavorful, wonderfully colorful meal for winter and even upcoming spring days too!
And I love that the leftovers are perfect for enjoying the next day for lunch! The tahini sauce will last all week and can be used in multiple recipes.
Looking for other easy dinners? Here are some favorites:
Lastly, if you make this Sheet Pan Chicken Tzatziki and Sweet Potatoes, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And, of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Sheet Pan Chicken Tzatziki and Sweet Potatoes
Calories Per Serving: 679 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cubed
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- salt and black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 small sweet potatoes, sliced
- 1-2 cups sliced dill pickles, pepperoncini, pickled red onions, and sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup mixed herbs (dill, basil, parsley, cilantro, etc)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1-2 cups Tzakiki sauce
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
View Recipe Comments
- 1. Preheat the oven to 450° F. Rub a baking sheet with oil.2. On the sheet pan, mix the chicken, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, tossing to coat. Arrange the chicken to one side of the baking sheet. Add the sweet potatoes to the other side. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Toss and cook another 5 minutes until the chicken and potatoes are crisp.3. Meanwhile, make the tahini sauce. Combine all ingredients and 1/4 cup water, or use pickle juice, in a jar and whisk until smooth. Add water to thin the sauce as desired. Season to taste with salt.4. To make the pickled herb salad. In bowl, toss the pickled vegetables and herbs.5. Serve the chicken, sweet potatoes, and tahini sauce with the pickled herb salad, feta cheese, and toasted sesame seeds. Generously add spoonfuls of Tzatziki. I love this over rice, but it's also great on its own.