Best Easy Greek Sheet Pan Chicken Souvlaki and Potatoes.
Because Monday dinner should require little thought…but still be the best. ?
Watch the How-To Video Here:
Hey, hi everyone! I am so excited for this week, and to be sharing this beyond perfect and super easy Greek sheet pan Chicken Souvlaki with potatoes! <–yes, all made on ONE pan and done in under and hour. And it’s a healthy, well-balanced meal too. Winner.
Before I dive into all the details of this recipe, I wanted to take a second and thank everyone for your incredibly kind and thoughtful response to my cookbook cover reveal post last Monday. Originally, I had always planned to respond to each and every one of your kind comments…but then you guys amazed me with your support, and flooded the page with comments. Ahhh! I am still in awe and am just so humbled by everyone’s kindness. As much as I would love to personally respond I had close to one thousand comments. Responding to every single one might take me days. SO I just want to say to everyone, THANK YOU! I spent the better part of Saturday and a good chunk of Sunday, reading through each and every comment. Some of you guys almost brought me to tears, and I know for a fact that a lot of you brought my mom to tears…maybe even my dad! Your words were just so kind and everyone’s excitement over the cover, and even more importantly the COOKBOOK, has me just jumping out of my skin with happiness. I really hope it’s everything that everyone wants it to be, and I cannot wait for you to see it in full this September!
I will talking about all the details in the coming months including some fun bonus material for pre-orders, giveaways and events! So much fun stuff ahead, so be on the lookout!
ps. you guys are the BEST and I really can’t say that enough.
OkOK, Greek chicken and potatoes. Let’s talk about this dish!
I feel like a broken record saying this, but I love this recipe! It’s easy, simple and so flavorful. Truthfully, I love anything Greek, plus all of the ingredients that go into Greek dishes…red peppers, olives, dill, pita bread, Greek yogurt, FETA. And this chicken recipe basically has all of my favorite Greek ingredients piled onto one sheet pan. I’m talking chicken seasoned with olive oil, balsamic, dill, oregano, paprika, garlic, roasted potatoes, bell peppers and onions. Plus feta tossed with sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives AND tzatziki.
Yes, you see?? So much goodness!!
Honestly, I’d make this ten times over even if it was the hardest recipe in the world to make. It’s really just a bonus (granted a major bonus) that everything gets cooked on only one sheet pan.
When I was developing this recipe, I wasn’t even trying to make it a one pan meal. It just made sense to roast the chicken and potatoes together so that the potatoes could cook-up in all the yummy juices from the chicken, making them that much more delicious. I also added some red bell peppers because they’re my favorite, and then some thinly sliced onions too! It’s important to slice the peppers on the thicker side so that they can cook for the same amount of time as the chicken and potatoes. For the onions, it’s the opposite, I like to cut those pretty thinly so they can caramelize while cooking.
And then, when everything comes out of the oven, just top it with feta, sun-dried tomatoes and olives. I mean, cuz this is a Greek recipe and all Greek recipes absolutely, no questions asked, need to involve at least some feta. <–that’s my thinking anyway!
Oh, and tzatziki too, but if you don’t have any on hand, and or don’t feel like making it (although it’s super easy to make)… plain Greek yogurt works too!
The perfect Monday meal, right? Yup.
Speaking of Monday, I’m coming into this week with a whole new attitude and positive vibes. Last week was a bit of a struggle and I’m determined to stay positive and have a great week. Insecurity has nothing on me this week!
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Best Easy Greek Sheet Pan Chicken Souvlaki and Potatoes
Course: Main Course
Keyword: chicken dinner, sheet pan meal
An easy sheet pan dinner
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast or thighs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon + 1 lemon sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 cloves garlic minced or grated
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 pound russet potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1-2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 8 ounces feta, cubed
- 1/2 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- tzatziki or yogurt, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. On a rimmed baking sheet, combine the chicken, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, dill, oregano, paprika, garlic and a large pinch of both salt and pepper. Toss well to evenly coat the chicken. Add the potatoes, bell peppers, and onions and toss with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and a pinch of both salt and pepper. Arrange everything in an even layer. Add the lemon slices and then transfer to the oven. Roast for 40-45 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes golden.
3. Meanwhile, combine the feta, sun-dried tomatoes and their oil, and the olives in a bowl. Toss to combine.
4. To serve, top the chicken with the feta mix and tzatziki. Eat!
For real though? That feta is everything.