THANK GOD IT’S FRIDAY.
All caps were very much needed up there. Friday!! YEAH!
For one, it’s kind of been a long week. With one too many fails in the kitchen that have left me feeling just plain mad (cause really, they should not have been fails!).
Two…I get to tell you guys about this milkshake…finally…my excitement is through the roof!
Or, my excitement was through the roof until about and hour ago. You know that feeling when you have a pit in your stomach??
Either you are really nervous, really excited or just can’t get a bad thought out of your head?? Yeah well, that is my current situation, and it’s horrible. I just discovered mouse droppings on my pantry shelves. NOOOO.
I guess this is what I get for living in a barn. The struggle is real people. Eww. Mice. Eww.
Honestly though, I am not afraid of mice, just completely grossed out by them. Which, I don’t know, maybe that is scared, but I really do not like dirty things and mice are dirty and their little bodies whittled through my pineapple, ate a hole in my flour and pretty much ruined my thoughts for like the next week. UGH. Mice, go away and never, ever come back.
Pretty please with a cherry on top?!
I am going to try to put the mice out of my head though. I mean, we have serious milkshake business to discuss, and since it’s Friday, I will try to get right down to the point.
With the end of summer approaching, I knew I really wanted to send summer off with a bang. Basically I created one of the bestest milkshakes I could. It’s sweet, salty and what all your dreams are made of. No really, this is a dream worthy milkshake.
It all started with a little Buzzfeed article on these beyond insane and over the top milkshakes that are taking over Instagram at the moment. I knew the second I laid eyes on those beauties that I wanted to create one of my own. I know that over the top can sometimes be annoying, but sometimes it’s just what we all need. And with only a handful of hot summer nights left, this overtop milkshake is ALL WE NEED. Think about nothing else, just get into the kitchen and make yourself a milkshake.
It’s fast, easy and SO GOOD!
I started off by making a super quick Nutella fudge. You don’t have to make this, but I also turned some of the fudge into fudge sauce for a drizzle, so you know, I would highly recommend making the fudge. I mean, it’s topped with pretzels for crying out loud and has an entire cup of Nutella.
Who am I kidding, you have to make the fudge!
You also need to make a super quick malted whipped cream. Then just add all the ingredients for the milkshake into a blender and blend. Pour it in a glass with a little fudge sauce, top with malted whipped cream, a thick drizzle of fudge (so serious) and a toasted marshmallow (oh my gosh, yes, yes, yes!!).
I will not lie, it’s kind of a fat kids milkshake, but hey, some days that’s A-OK. You know? Just trust me, you know!!
Oh, and I do believe that Nutella and pretzels may be one of the best combos ever. Just sayin.
Salted Pretzel Nutella Fudge Milkshake with Malted Milk Whipped Cream.
Servings: 2 Shakes
Calories Per Serving: 1562 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
Nutella Fudge (optional)
Malted Milk Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons malted milk powder
- 1/2 of a vanilla bean seeds removed (optional)
- Place the sweetened condensed milk, Nutella and chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl. Place in the microwave and melt on 30 second intervals until melted and smooth. Stir in the butter + vanilla. The fudge with be thick, but just keep stirring. Spoon all but 1/3 cup of the fudge into a parchment lined 8x8 inch square baking pan. Push pretzels onto the top of the fudge. Cover the pan and place in the fridge to set, this will take about 30 minutes. If in a hurry, place the fudge in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1/3 cup of fudge to a heatproof bowl and add 1/4 cup cream. Melt on 30 second intervals until smooth and the consistency of fudge sauce. If the sauce is too thick, add cream until the right consistency is reached. Warm the sauce before using.
Malted Milk Cream
- In a mixing bowl, whip the cream using and electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add the malted milk powder and vanilla and whip until combined. Store covered in the fridge.
- Add the pretzels to a blender and blend until they become fine crumbs. Add the ice cream, Nutella, milk and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle 2 glasses with warm Nutella fudge. Pour the milkshakes into the glasses and top with whipped cream, a square of fudge and a toasted marshmallow. Drink!!
Gimme that salted pretzel Nutella fudge milkshake…times two please! 🙂