Um, hi! So I am more than ready for these Salted Pretzel Nutella Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches.
You with me or what?
Because it’s finally ice cream time and my excitement is through the roof. Like, let’s do this Memorial Day thing and do it right! ?
Also, after spending Wednesday in NYC (more on that little adventure next week!) and feeling the sunshine and 89 degree temperatures on my skin, I’m feeling like we could all just use some ice cream already! Even if it may still be a little chilly where you are. Um…it snowed here last night…what?!?!? BUT… the weekend is supposed to be sunny with temps in the low 60’s. Either way, ice cream is always a welcomed treat for me, especially over Memorial Day weekend.
Double also, Asher gets out of school for the summer in exactly ONE week. Whoa. For some reason this just snuck up on me. I mean, I knew it was coming up, but man, it really is almost summertime!
Since I am quite obviously so excited, I have to ask YOU… what are you guys most excited to do (or maybe not to do) in the upcoming summer months?
What’s on your agenda? Any fun trips planned? Need to get caught up on work? 🙁 Any plans on growing a garden? How about getting in as much chill time as possible? Or maybe just eating boatloads of ice cream?!? Most of those sound awesome to me!
I need to finish up the cookbook in the first half of the summer, but I’ll also have some fun things going on behind the scenes here as well. Taking Asher to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is also a must. Of course I would love to just chill in a chair in the hot sun by a pool, but I highly doubt time will permit another trip. And outdoor pools are pretty much non-existent up here in the mountains. Hopefully we’ll catch some warm and sunny weather on our trip to Harry Potter la la land, which yes, I am beyond excited about. I’m thinking that trip probably won’t happen till mid July or later though, since I really HAVE to finish up the cookbook!
Anyway, I seriously want to know what you guys are up to. I love to hear about summer adventures and potential plans for tropical chill!
OKok. Let’s talk about these Salted Pretzel Nutella Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches (whew!).
Do they sound awesome or what?!? When the flavors popped into my head and I sent them over in a text message to my mom, I knew right away this was my Memorial Day ice cream sandwich. You just cannot beat the flavors of salty and sweet….and basically anything paired with a chocolate chip cookie is going to be delish!
So I took that concept and I made ice cream sandwich. YESSS.
Here’s how they go…
…salty, buttery, chocolate chip pretzel cookies.
…thick layer of Nutella, and I do mean THICK.
…giant scoop of chocolate fudge ice cream, or maybe chocolate brownie ice cream, or maybe cookie dough ice cream? The options are endless here.
…another cookie, with another layer of Nutella..obviously.
Simple, perfect and basically the best thing you’ll consume this Memorial Day weekend.
Best part about these sandwiches? Or maybe the most dangerous part? You can have them in your hands and ready for eating in just about thirty to forty minutes. Honestly, we really should get up and make these RIGHT now and just call it a four-day weekend.
I am so down with that! Yes, let’s do that! You guys want to make these over on Snapchat today?!? I feel like this would be a REALLY fun thing to make today… yes, Ice Cream Sandwich Friday!
Ok, that’s it, I’m sold, let’s make them. Sometime today, probably this afternoon, I will be making these with you guys on Snapchat. Just follow @hbharvest and prepare for some serious chocolate…and a lot of me embarrassing myself. 🙂
So see you there?!?!
Salted Pretzel Nutella Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches.
Servings: 16 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 346 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed pretzels + 32-36 mini pretzel twists
- flaky sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups Nutella
- 6 cups chocolate fudge ice cream or whatever YOUR heart desires
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar and sugar until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla, beat until combined and creamy. Add the flour, baking soda and salt and beat until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and crushed pretzels.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough out into tablespoon size balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Press a pretzel gently onto the top of each dough ball and sprinkle LIGHTLY with flaky sea salt. Place the cookie sheets in the freezer and freeze 10 minutes. Alternately you can place the cookie sheets in the fridge and chill for 1-2 hours or up to 3 days.
- Bake the cookies on the center rack of the oven for 9-10 minutes. The cookies with not look completely done, but they will continue to cook on the baking sheet. Allow the cookies to cool 3-5 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling wrack.
- Spread each cooled cookie with a generous amount of Nutella. Then take a cookie and add a scoop of ice cream. Next add the top cookie, Nutella side facing down and gently push together to adhere. Repeat with the remaining cookies, placing each cookie in the freezer as you work. Eat immediately or freeze, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, until ready to serve. Remove the sammies from the freezer about 5 minutes before eating.
I’ll be the one covered in chocolate…of course.