Hey, hey! Happy Monday! I have delicious Salmon Souvlaki Bowls for you today. They are so easy and healthy for you too!
You guys! So excited for today, but also kind of nervous! I have a big video shoot this week and basically my nerves are beyond me at the moment. YIKES!
WATCH THE HOW-TO VIDEO HERE:
Soo, speaking of nerves, I’ve got to know, how on Earth do you guys handle being anxious? A lot of times, if I am really anxious, my poor mom will get the brunt of it. Unfortunately, I seem to take all my stresses out on her. BUT then she talks me through things and I feel like a million and one times better…or at least I try to do that! Currently, I’m just telling myself that what I am feeling is excitement for the big week I have. Hoping that trumps all the anxious bones in my body. Fake it till you make it, right?
That’s currently what I’m sticking too. Also, I’m trying to act like I know what I am doing in front of the camera, but let’s be real, I totally don’t! Hey, at least I have snapchat for practice! Although, someone pointed out on Saturday that I should probably not play with my hair soo much…oooopppsss. It’s those dang nerves! ?
Note to self, no playing with hair. Got it, get it good.
Um, OOK so can we talk about this recipe, now? Because not only is it super pretty, but is delish and SO healthy. Perfect for a Monday meal, right?!? Plus, we mat or may not be doing some serious cheeses things later this week…it is going to be good. BUT, lets focus on today!
Today we’re making salmon souvlaki bowls!! YES. They are going to be sooo good!
Soo these bowls are super healthy, crazy fast, and insanely delicious!
A while back, I made souvlaki gyros, and those were pretty much everything. But seeing as I am obsessed with all things “bowl” lately, I thought I would give that recipe a little twist!
Alright, so here’s how this goes…
…you want to start with either couscous or farro. You could probably also use quinoa, and or brown rice, but I personally love couscous or farro…very mediterranean.
…next up, the salmon! Oh my gosh, this is sooo good, it’s just a simple marinade made up of plenty of oregano and garlic, but again, it is delish!
…from there we move on to our veggies! Grilled bell pepper, zucchini, heirloom cherry tomatoes + Persian cucumbers. Yum!
…finish these bowls off with some cubes of feta cheese and homemade avocado Tzatziki.
…oops, almost forgot those kalamata olives, yes, those are a must!!
OK and that’s your bowl. Kind of packed, right? Just the way I like it! Yes, please!
And that’s it from me today! If you want to hang out with me in real-time today, check out the behind the scenes on snapchat (username: hbharvest) AND the Food Network Facebook page as I am doing some Facebook Live video. YEAH!
Have a great Monday guys!
Salmon Souvlaki Bowls.
Servings: 4 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 765 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 1 pound fresh salmon cut into 4 pieces
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika or regular paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 2 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry pearl couscous or farro
- 2 red peppers quartered
- 1 inch zucchini cut into 1/4 rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 Persian cucumbers sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 4-8 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 1 recipe [Tzatziki | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/greek-lamb-souvlaki-plates-with-avocado-tzatziki/]
- juice from 1 lemon
View Recipe Comments
- In a medium sized bowl combine the lemon juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, smoked paprika, dill, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the salmon and toss well, making sure the salmon is completely coated in the seasonings. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous or farro according to package directions.
- In a bowl, toss together the red peppers, zucchini, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt + pepper. Toss well to coat the veggies.
- Heat your grill, grill pan or skillet to medium high heat.
- Transfer the salmon to the preheated grill and grill for about 3 minutes on each side or until the salmon is cooked to your desired doneness. Remove the salmon from the grill. During the same time, add the bell peppers and zucchini, grill 3-4 minutes per side or until char marks appear. Remove everything from the grill.
- To assemble, divide the couscous or farro among bowls and drizzle with lemon juice. Add the grilled veggies, salmon, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, olives and feta cheese. Dollop with Tzatziki and garnish with fresh herbs.
PS. you should totally add naan to this bowl… YESSS.
Thanks so much Wendy!
Excellent dish. I ended up roasting the salmon and veggies on a cookie sheet to make things easier. I added broccoli. Cucumbers added a nice crunch to the dish.
Happy Monday!! 🍁 Love to hear that this recipe turned out well for you, thanks a bunch for making it! xT
Outstanding! I really love your salmon recipes and this one is no exception. I ended up roasting everything on a sheet pan and it came out wonderful. I added some onions and jalapenos to the roasted vegetables and some mixed fresh greens (spinach, arugula, and watercress) to the bowl. I will definitely make this one again!
Amazing!! I love to hear that this recipe was a hit, thanks so much for trying it out! xT🍂
how long did you roast it for and at what temperature?
We just had this for dinner and it was great! Good flavors and textures. We will definitely make it again. My son is vegetarian, so imstead of salmon, he had chickpeas with his. My husband and I had all the salmon to ourselves. ?
Fantastic!! Thanks a lot for trying this recipe out and sharing your feedback, I love to hear that it was enjoyed! xxT
Hi there, I love your recipes, but I can’t find your tzatiki recipe anywhere. Could you please tell me where/how to find it. Thanks!!
Here’s a few recipes you might enjoy:
Please let me know if you have any other questions! xTieghan
I have made this many times since discovering this amazing recipe! Making it once again tonight, this time with haddock, and roasting veg (grape tomatoes, asparagus, mushrooms and green beans) on the pan with the fish. I also toss the veg in some of the marinade and it is so delicious!
Hi Julie! I am so glad you have been loving this recipe! Thank you so much for making it!
This is, by far, one of the most delicious salmon dishes that I’ve ever tasted. I LOVE the salmon with all of the souvlaki trimmings. Absolutely delicious.