Salmon Souvlaki Bowls + Video
Hey, hey! Happy Monday! I have delicious Salmon Souvlaki Bowls for you today. They are so easy and healthy for you too!
You guys! So excited for today, but also kind of nervous! I have a big video shoot this week and basically my nerves are beyond me at the moment. YIKES!
WATCH THE HOW-TO VIDEO HERE:
Soo, speaking of nerves, I’ve got to know, how on Earth do you guys handle being anxious? A lot of times, if I am really anxious, my poor mom will get the brunt of it. Unfortunately, I seem to take all my stresses out on her. BUT then she talks me through things and I feel like a million and one times better…or at least I try to do that! Currently, I’m just telling myself that what I am feeling is excitement for the big week I have. Hoping that trumps all the anxious bones in my body. Fake it till you make it, right?
That’s currently what I’m sticking too. Also, I’m trying to act like I know what I am doing in front of the camera, but let’s be real, I totally don’t! Hey, at least I have snapchat for practice! Although, someone pointed out on Saturday that I should probably not play with my hair soo much…oooopppsss. It’s those dang nerves! ?
Note to self, no playing with hair. Got it, get it good.
Um, OOK so can we talk about this recipe, now? Because not only is it super pretty, but is delish and SO healthy. Perfect for a Monday meal, right?!? Plus, we mat or may not be doing some serious cheeses things later this week…it is going to be good. BUT, lets focus on today!
Today we’re making salmon souvlaki bowls!! YES. They are going to be sooo good!
Soo these bowls are super healthy, crazy fast, and insanely delicious!
A while back, I made souvlaki gyros, and those were pretty much everything. But seeing as I am obsessed with all things “bowl” lately, I thought I would give that recipe a little twist!
Alright, so here’s how this goes…
…you want to start with either couscous or farro. You could probably also use quinoa, and or brown rice, but I personally love couscous or farro…very mediterranean.
…next up, the salmon! Oh my gosh, this is sooo good, it’s just a simple marinade made up of plenty of oregano and garlic, but again, it is delish!
…from there we move on to our veggies! Grilled bell pepper, zucchini, heirloom cherry tomatoes + Persian cucumbers. Yum!
…finish these bowls off with some cubes of feta cheese and homemade avocado Tzatziki.
…oops, almost forgot those kalamata olives, yes, those are a must!!
OK and that’s your bowl. Kind of packed, right? Just the way I like it! Yes, please!
And that’s it from me today! If you want to hang out with me in real-time today, check out the behind the scenes on snapchat (username: hbharvest) AND the Food Network Facebook page as I am doing some Facebook Live video. YEAH!
Have a great Monday guys!
Salmon Souvlaki Bowls.
- 1 cup dry pearl couscous or farro
- 2 red peppers quartered
- 1 inch zucchini cut into 1/4 rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 Persian cucumbers sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 4-8 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 1 recipe [Tzatziki | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/greek-lamb-souvlaki-plates-with-avocado-tzatziki/]
- juice from 1 lemon
- In a medium sized bowl combine the lemon juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, smoked paprika, dill, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the salmon and toss well, making sure the salmon is completely coated in the seasonings. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous or farro according to package directions.
- In a bowl, toss together the red peppers, zucchini, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt + pepper. Toss well to coat the veggies.
- Heat your grill, grill pan or skillet to medium high heat.
- Transfer the salmon to the preheated grill and grill for about 3 minutes on each side or until the salmon is cooked to your desired doneness. Remove the salmon from the grill. During the same time, add the bell peppers and zucchini, grill 3-4 minutes per side or until char marks appear. Remove everything from the grill.
- To assemble, divide the couscous or farro among bowls and drizzle with lemon juice. Add the grilled veggies, salmon, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, olives and feta cheese. Dollop with Tzatziki and garnish with fresh herbs.
PS. you should totally add naan to this bowl… YESSS.