Oh but first, Happy Valentine’s Day!
On Friday, I had the sudden urge to make you all a Valentine’s Day drink. One that I could post today that would be quick and simple, and one that you could all make tonight. You see, I’ve been dying to make a flora cocktail. They are so cute, light, simple, quick and totally refreshing. Perfection! If you’ve never used rose water before, don’t be afraid of it. Rosewater only adds a subtle floral flavor, nothing overpowering.
Rose water also gives me an excuse to buy fresh roses and then put them into my food… which makes me SO happy! 🙂
If you’re really not into the whole rose water idea, or don’t have any on hand, you can simply omit it from the drink. You’ll then end up with a yummy lemon spritzer. Which is still healthy and refreshing, but the light pink shade that the rose water gives off makes it perfect for Valentine’s Day…or really any day you just need a cute, refreshing drink with bubbles! You can also omit the vodka and make this as a mocktail too!
Rose Lemon Spritzer.
Servings: 1 Drink
Calories Per Serving: 168 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 2 tablespoons rose water * optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2-2 ounces vodka omit to make a mocktail!
- 1-2 tablespoon honey or to taste (use agave if vegan)
- a few drops of blood orange or pomegranate juice for color (optional)
- 3/4 cup sparkling water or more to taste
- fresh roses for garnish (optional)
- Combine all the rose water, fresh lemon juice, vodka, honey and blood orange or pomegranate juice (if using) in a cocktail shaker and fill with ice. Shake until combined and then strain into a glass. Pour in the sparkling water. Garnish with fresh roses. DRINK!
View Recipe Comments
*Rosewater adds a subtle flavor that is floral, but not in an overpowering way. I like to buy this rose water on [Amazon | http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CMA5J2/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B005CMA5J2&linkCode=as2&tag=halbakhar-20&linkId=KJIPEAI73RXN52YM].
Almost too pretty to drink…but than, nope!! XOXO