Rainbow Frozen Yogurt Pops.
Hey there! Happy Tuesday Snack Day!
Or at least that’s what I’m calling it, because today we have some fun warm weather, healthy snacks to chat about, Yay! Tuesdays just need a fun, upbeat recipe like these pops for everyone to look forward to.
Today is my last full day in California. Late, late tonight I’m headed back on a plane to Colorado. It’s been a great trip, but I have to say, I’m excited to get back home and back to work! I’m one of those people who totally misses their house, and more importantly their bed! I love sleeping in my own bed more than anything…but obviously this trip was worth it. As I mentioned yesterday, I’ve had the best time with my family. It was great that all of my siblings were able to be together for my cousin’s graduation and Mother’s Day…but that doesn’t mean I can’t still be excited to get home. Just hoping my cat hasn’t destroyed my house while I was away. Yikes.
Anyway, I feel like these frozen yogurt pops are so fitting for today. To me Tuesdays always need a pick me up, and these are the perfect sweet, but still healthy treat!
Every year around the middle to end of May I start craving frozen treats. It’s not really because the weather is super warm, but more that I’m really starting to get excited for the months ahead. I think my brain gets a little ahead of itself.
Kind of like summer food fever or something? I dunno, but I think you get what I’m trying to say.
Either way, I am so exited to share this recipe with you guys today.
Also, do you see the colors…
I feel like everywhere I look rainbow colors are happening. Rainbow bagels, rainbow coffee, rainbow pancakes…and now these pops! Originally I really wasn’t that into the trend, like at all. But then I had all this fresh fruit and I thought why not give it a try. And of course, once I made these I fell in love. The great thing about this recipe…all the ingredients are real food, and totally good for us.
Yes, please! I’ve said this before, but dye just freaks me out a little, so the fact that these pops are colored using fresh fruits and nothing else is pretty awesome.
And of course they taste delicious.
Here’s how these pops work. I like to use a plain whole milk greek yogurt to keep the pops extra creamy, and also full of protein. Then just blend the fruit with the yogurt. Here are the color combos I went with.
strawberry + raspberry + banana = pink
blackberry + banana = purple
blueberry + banana = light purple/blue
kiwi = green
mango + pineapple = yellow
So not exactly all the colors of the rainbow, but still fun and pretty!
Oh and also…because I wanted the pops to have a little crunch factor, I added my all time favorite honey nut cheerio granola to the bottoms. SO GOOD.
The granola is not a must have, but it makes the pops hearty, sweet, salty, and just kind of the perfect breakfast or snack. Keep these in the freezer for an easy on-the go treat. Trust me, these are going to save the day when you need a quick pick me up!
Rainbow Frozen Yogurt Pops
Keyword: frozen pops, fruit snack, yogurt snack
These yogurt pops are a great fruity treat when the weather gets hot!
- 4 cups plain greek yogurt (full fat works best)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups fresh or frozen fruit (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, pineapple, mangos, kiwi)
1. In a blender, combine 1 cup of yogurt, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 cup of fruit, blend until smooth and creamy. Repeat this process with the remaining yogurt and fruit to create your desired rainbow colors.
2. To assemble, layer the granola (recipe follows) and yogurt evenly among 16 popsicles molds or paper dixie cups, creating layers with the colors of yogurt, if desired. Insert popsicles sticks and then cover the tops and freeze until firm, about 4 hours. To remove the popsicles run the mold under hot water for 10 seconds and then pull the popsicles out of the molds. Store in the freezer.
Honey Nut Cheerio Granola
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. On the baking sheet, combine the Cheerios, oats and nuts. In a small saucepan, melt together the honey and coconut oil or butter. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour the mix over the Cheerios and toss to combine. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, toss and bake another 10 minutes or until the oats are golden. Remove and let cool.
Not to mention how the fun colors are going to brighten your mood and make you smile!