Salty-sweet Pretzel Snickers Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. Homemade chocolate chip cookies, swirled with salted pretzels, and chewy caramel Snickers bars. There’s nothing not to love about these sweet cookie bars. Each bite is slightly crisp on top, but soft and gooey inside…with pockets of melted chocolate and sweet caramel. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on top (if you like) for a salty-sweet touch.
I’ve never been someone who craves candy or gets overly excited about it. I was one of the weirdest kids…trust me. I barely ate any candy at all. BUT, on occasion, I’d happily enjoy some.
Especially on Halloween night. But I wasn’t that weird that I didn’t love filling my pillowcase full of as many Malley’s bars, Reese’s peanut butter cups, and Snickers bars as I could.
The giant Malley’s bars were always my absolute favorite, but Snickers were also up there. My mom uses them in her Christmas Eve Death by Chocolate just for that reason, I really do love them.
With Halloween approaching, I know we’re all stocking up on candy for trick-or-treaters. So make sure you buy extra Snickers. Because you have to make these simple but so delicious cookie bars.
The idea is that you’ll all have leftover Halloween candy. These bars could be the perfect sweet treat to bake them into. They honestly turned out so delicious. I think we need to make them from now through the holidays.
These would be perfect for gifting!!
The cookie base recipe is my go-to. It’s the one my mom used growing up, and the cookies always turned out delicious.
Beat the butter with the sugars, add some eggs, double the vanilla, then add flour. Mix, mix, mix and you’ll have delicious cookie dough. Not fancy, but we all know cookies don’t need to be fancy to be great.
The “special” Halloween touches.
…semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate chunks. Nothing special here, pretty classic but you need them. I prefer chunks because the pockets of melted chocolate are so delicious.
…Snickers candy bars, the most important “special touch”. They add a touch of sweet caramel to every bite.
…salted pretzels and a little pinch of flaky sea salt. For a little salty-sweet touch that makes each cookie truly addicting.
What I love about these cookies is that they’re easy to make, require no chilling, and take less than an hour…so simple.
But my favorite part? These bars are perfectly crisp on top, yet soft, gooey, and almost underdone in the center. Which in my opinion makes for the BEST cookie bars. And if you’re like me, and enjoy cookie bars with sea salt on top…addicting.
I’m not normally such a decadent cookie person. But Halloween always gives me an excuse to have a little more fun with candy.
These would be fun to take to a school event or Halloween party. And as I said, make them with all that leftover Halloween candy. You could certainly swap in your favorite candy in place of the Snickers. Use what you love and enjoy!
Looking for other Halloween desserts? Here are my favorites:
Lastly, if you make these Pretzel Snickers Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Salted Pretzel Snickers Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Servings: 22 cookie bars
Calories Per Serving: 180 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 cup chopped Snickers bars…or more!
- 1 cup mini pretzel twists, roughly crushed
- flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper. 2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until combined. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, until combined. Add the vanilla, beating to combine. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt.3. Stir in the chocolate, Snickers, and 1/2 cup pretzels. Press the dough into the prepared baking dish. Press the remaining pretzels into the dough. Bake 18-22 minutes, until golden brown, but a little doughy in the center. 4. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with flaky salt (if desired). Let cool and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days…or eat warm…which is delicious and recommended!