Pecan Pie Brownies
and it is ready to be devoured by turkey goers everywhere!
No offense to pumpkin pie and all the other delicious Thanksgiving desserts of course!
You might have noticed by now that we are pretty serious about our chocolate around here. So the thought of combining pecan pie with brownies is just genius!
This is one of the best baked goods that has come out of my kitchen. Seriously. Like no joke possibly the best this I have ever made!
The brownies themselves are out of this world amazing. Gooey, moist and so chocolatey. The batter alone is scary delicious! I think we could have just devoured the brownie batter and called it a day. But I was on a mission. I put a stop to the multiple fingers inching their way into my mixing bowl (and when I say multiple I mean like 6 different hands, the batter was popular) and carried on towards the finished product.
As for the topping. I mean could there be a better combination than pecans, bourbon, and chocolate? The answer? No. Well at least not around here. Even the unbaked filling is soo good! Treat yourself to a spoonful of the stuff. You have to, like you really have to.
The holidays are fast approaching and these are perfect for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. Festive and delicious! If you want to get some major brownie points wrap these up as a gift or bring them to Thanksgiving dinner. Trust me people will be begging you for the recipe.
Pecan Pie Brownies
Keyword: brownies, pecan
Move over Pumpkin Pie there is a new Thanksgiving dessert in town
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 Flour
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Pecan Topping:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup brown Karo syrup
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 tablespoons whiskey
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- To Make Brownies:
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 pyrex pan.
- Mix canola oil and butter, add cocoa and stir until well blended.
- Beat eggs with a mixer. Add sugar and vanilla, beat well.
- Add flour and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly in pan, it will make a thin layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Well the brownies bake make the pecan topping.
- Using an electric mixer, cream karo syrup and sugar until smooth. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until combined, then add butter and whiskey. Once mixture is thoroughly combined, fold in chopped pecans and chocolate chips, then pour over brownies. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until pecan filling is set. A little jiggle is ok.
- Let cool completely before cutting*. Top with whipped cream if desired.
*Please do not cut them well warm! If you need to cut right away stick them in fridge to set for a few minutes.
Adapted from Jessica.
Whatever you do just make these and make a lot. Now. They will be gone before you can scream GRINCH!