These Easy Garlic Parmesan Buffalo Chicken Wings are truly everyone’s favorite. Chicken baked with seasonings and garlic in a super hot oven until crispy all over. Toss the hot wings with parmesan and a spicy garlic buffalo sauce and serve with your favorite creamy ranch dressing. These are the easiest sheetpan baked chicken wings. Add a side of homemade french fries and you’ve got all you need! This fun restaurant-style dinner is great for fall game nights.
Growing up, we didn’t go out or order in all that much. With so many kids running around, I think my parents had their hands full between my brothers and me. However, the one thing we did sometimes order out?
Buffalo Wild Wings or BW3’s as we used to call them. On Sunday nights in the fall, we’d occasionally get the treat of ordering up wings for Sunday dinner and Sunday night football.
I can’t remember exactly the order, but I know there were a lot of buffalo wings and baskets of fries. And we always got extra buffalo sauce and blue cheese dressing on the side.
I haven’t had BW3s in so long, but as many of you know, we love anything covered in buffalo sauce. Even so, I’ve avoided making homemade wings. I just hate to fry and wings always seem like such a messy, not fun food to make at home.
But I decided that this football season, I wanted to make wings. But instead of frying, which is so fussy, messy, and not healthy, I’d keep things clean and bake them up until crispy.
They turned out so well that I’ve made them the last 3 Sundays in a row. We love these wings!
Step 1: the wings
Start with the chicken. I used a mix of chicken wings and drumsticks and grabbed mine at Whole Foods.
Toss the wings with a blend of seasonings: smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add flour, then toss again.
The flour allows the wings to get crispy in the oven. It’s a small amount, so a very light coating, but just perfect. Not a fully breaded chicken, but just enough so that the sauce can really stick nicely to the chicken.
Step 2: bake
Bake the chicken up with a handful of garlic cloves. Bake for 20 minutes, then flip and bake for another 10 minutes until perfectly crispy.
Pull the garlic off the pan when you flip the wings, you don’t want the garlic to burn.
Step 3: the buffalo sauce
Now the sauce. For the hot sauce, Franks is my favorite. Add some salty butter and then a couple of teaspoons of seasoned salt and a pinch of black pepper. Melt this all together on the stove until just combined. Then, turn the heat off and mix in those roasted-up garlic cloves
The roasted garlic makes this buffalo sauce so special and even more delicious.
Step 4: toss the wings
When the wings are crispy, immediately shower them in fresh, grated parmesan cheese, then pour the sauce over the baked crispy wings and cook the wings in the sauce. What happens is that the coating soaks up all the sauce – wow so delish!
These crispy baked chicken wings are so yummy with a side of home-baked french fries and ranch or blue cheese dressing!
The perfect Sunday game night dinner for family and friends to enjoy. And it’s so easy to make at home, not to mention, much healthier too!
Looking for other fall dinners with a little kick? Here are a few ideas:
Lastly, if you make these Easy Garlic Parmesan Buffalo Chicken Wings be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Baked Garlic Parmesan Buffalo Chicken Wings
Calories Per Serving: 423 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 2 pounds chicken wings or drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 6-8 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1-2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- blue cheese or ranch dressing, for serving
- sliced green onions, for serving
View Recipe Comments
- 1. Preheat the oven to 450° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or rub with oil.2. On the sheet pan, toss together the chicken wings, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add the flour and toss again. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, tossing to coat. Drop the garlic cloves around the chicken. Bake for 20 minutes then pull the garlic off the pan. Flip the the wings, then return to the oven and bake another 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is crispy and cooked through. My wings needed 30 minutes. 3. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Remove the garlic skin and chop/mash the roasted cloves into a paste. In a saucepan set over medium heat, melt together the hot sauce, butter, seasoned salt, and cayenne. Stir until melted and combined. Remove from the heat and mix in the garlic. 4. Remove the chicken from the oven and toss with parmesan. Then pour the buffalo sauce over the chicken and toss the chicken wings up in the sauce. Bake another 5 minutes, until the buffalo sauce is baked onto the chicken.5. Serve the chicken and buffalo sauce with green onions and blue cheese or ranch dressing. YUM!