Pancetta Wrapped Pork Tenderloin.
Guys, Christmas is exactly one week from today…what?!?!
How did we get here? How is it already practically Christmas and how is 2016 almost over? I am honestly just in shock. I have no idea where the year went, but I am excited to be ending it on a high note. My cookbook is just about finished…well, technically I won’t be done until January, but the majority of it will be done. YES! I am also really excited to be spending the holidays with my family. I would not have it any other way. As I’ve mentioned, we have a crowd…plus friends of brothers…all of whom love to eat.
On Friday I was shooting recipes for the cookbook, I think I had about six recipes planned, so I was basically in GO mode all day. But I sent one of the recipes out to everyone who was snowboarding in the backyard (cause ahh if you didn’t know, I have a snowboard park in my backyard…aka Red’s Backyard) and it was devoured in about five minutes flat. The good thing about writing a cookbook and having a large family of brothers with tons of hungry friends is that food gets eaten around here!
Anyway, I’m always in need of quick and easy meals, and I feel like most of you are probably in the same boat, especially right about now. Whether you have family in from out-of-town, or it’s just you and your immediate family, everyone needs an easy dish to prepare. Enter this pancetta wrapped pork tenderloin. I used Smithfield’s Garlic Marinated Pork Loin and then simply wrapped it in pancetta for extra flavor. The pancetta adds a lot, and it keeps the pork from drying out as it roasts in the oven. Plus, who doesn’t love crispy pancetta. It’s basically Italian bacon, and it’s so delicious.
This would be the perfect thing to serve your family tonight, or really anytime this week. You could even serve it as a nice Christmas Eve or Christmas Day Dinner! I like to serve my pork with some kind of fruity sauce, like cranberries or pineapple, and then always include a starchy side, like potatoes, and maybe some roasted veggies and/or a salad. Yum!
Hope you guys are having a great weekend! See ya tomorrow for some cheesy things! I have the whole week planned and it includes, pasta, appetizers, sweets and of course cocktails.
Pancetta Wrapped Pork Tenderloin.
Course: Main Course
Keyword: pork tenderloin
This would be the perfect thing to serve your family tonight, or really anytime this week. You could even serve it as a nice Christmas Eve or Christmas Day Dinner!
- 1 (4 pound) Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Marinated Fresh Pork
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- kosher salt and pepper
- 7 ounces thinly sliced pancetta
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 1 large onion quartered
- fresh thyme and rosemary
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Rub the pork all over with 1 tablespoon olive oil, then sprinkle with thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Add the pork to the hot skillet and sear all over until browned, about three to five minutes per side. Remove the pork from a skillet and place on a roasting rack set inside a roasting pan.
- Layer on the pancetta, overlapping the layers until the pancetta covers all but the bottom of the pork. Lightly brush the top of the pancetta with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, toss together the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, the carrots and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the veggies to the roasting pan with the pork.
- Transfer the roasting pan to the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes or until pancetta is crispy and the pork is cooked through. Let the pork sit 5 minutes before slicing.
But first Sunday Dinner!