One Skillet Greek Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken and Farro.
The best One Skillet Greek Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken and Farro…because it’s true, skillet dinners are the BEST. Greek seasoned chicken with fresh oregano, dill, garlic, lemon, and paprika, pan seared and cooked with healthy farro, sun-dried tomatoes, and olives for a delicious all in one skillet dinner. It’s quick, simple, easy, healthy, and delicious. Finish off with a little feta cheese and toasted pine-nuts, for a true Greek inspired dinner that everyone will love.
Do you have a fall back dinner? You know, a tried and true recipe. One you really enjoy making, that’s easy, and that you can always count on to be good?
Oddly, I only have a handful, since I’m constantly creating new recipes for HBH (or other projects). I rarely repeat recipes once they’ve been posted. Which is kind of sad, since I have SO many favorite recipes that I love so much on the blog. Maybe I should start revamping some of the older recipes from way back in the day (like the 1st year or so), and show them some love?
Would you guys be into that? Like retro HBH recipes that are revamped to be easier, better,…and probably prettier too?
Hmm, my wheels are now spinning. Let me know your thoughts!
Anyway, what I’m getting at is this, while I may not have fall back recipes, I do have fall back cooking methods. And one skillet and done dinners are my all time favorites. I have a few them on the blog. And from what I can see, you guys love these skillet dinners too!
This Greek chicken came to be for two reasons.
One, I had just finished up a day of writing. And while I probably should have kept my head buried in my computer screen. I simply couldn’t look at my screen anymore. So naturally, the first thing I decided to do was cook.
Two, it was late. I had very little in my fridge, other than some wilting spinach, herbs, and chicken. I knew it was a skillet dinner kind of night. All of the ingredients I had on hand felt very Mediterranean. So Greek…ish chicken with spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and farro it was.
I based the chicken seasoning off of my favorite Greek chicken recipe and then pan seared it before adding in the farro. I debated for a while about whether or not I should use farro or quinoa. But in the end, I wanted to use something a little different. If you’re unfamiliar with Farro, it’s a Mediterranean grain that’s very similar to rice. I like to think of it as a chewier rice with a bit more flavor. It’s delicious, healthy, and hearty. Of course, you can use quinoa, or even regular rice, in place of the farro. The cooking times will be similar. But I’m encouraging you to be a little different, and to give the farro a try.
Promise it’s good.
So add in the farro, along with plenty of sun-dried tomatoes and fresh spinach. Then stir in the chicken broth and transfer everything to the oven to finish cooking. Once the chicken is done, your farro will be fluffy, and your kitchen will smell amazing. Finish the dish off with fresh lemon juice, a good amount of feta cheese, and toasted pine nuts.
Simple, but so good, and very healthy too!
Here’s what I can tell you. If I wasn’t making new recipes all day, everyday, I’d be making this Greek chicken once or twice a week. It’s that good.
Also? The leftovers make for a great salad and are soooo goooood when stuffed into fresh pitas. Add a tzatziki and all of the sudden your leftovers become a gyro. Cool. Cool.
If you make this Skillet Greek Chicken, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
One Skillet, Geek Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken and Farro
Greek seasoned chicken with fresh oregano, dill, garlic, lemon, and paprika, pan seared and cooked with farro, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, feta and pine nuts. It's quick, simple, easy, healthy, and delicious. A true Greek inspired dinner that everyone will love!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, or small thighs
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked farro or quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- juice of 1 lemon
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, the chicken, balsamic vinegar, dill, oregano, paprika, garlic, and a large pinch of both salt and pepper. Toss well to evenly coat the chicken.
3. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large dutch oven or cast iron skillet, set over medium high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the chicken and sear on both sides until golden, about 3-5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
4. To the same skillet, add the farro. Cook 2-3 minutes. Add the chicken broth, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over high heat and stir. Slide in the chicken and any juices left on the plate back into the skillet. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the farro becomes soft.
4. Serve the chicken topped with feta, dill, and pine nuts.
Our Favorite Recipes
The Best Everything Spice Egg Avocado Yogurt Bowl.