Hello! It’s finally the Christmas holiday season! Whether you celebrate or not, this can be the most magical time of year. I’m so excited to hopefully help bring some of that magic into everyone’s homes. We have lots of festive recipes, decor ideas, holiday menus, and more! I truly cannot wait to share it all with you this month!
This year more than ever I feel so much happiness for the holidays. Things have been up and down for everyone in 2023. But from now through the end of the year, it’s important to prioritize spending time with family and friends. I also love gift-giving, so I’m looking forward to picking out some special gifts for the people I love most!
We’re also supporting a family of seven this holiday season. Asher, my mom, and I are looking forward to finding each child just the right gift. It’s something we look forward to doing every year. I love that no matter how much my mom has on her plate she’s ALWAYS gone above and beyond to support families in need. She is so special in that way.
Before I get too far ahead, I hope everyone has been having a wonderful long Thanksgiving weekend. Our Thanksgiving was very, very low-key this year. We ended up having fewer people than planned, but we all enjoyed our time together. We had the big meal up at my parents. I was happy to have a few minutes to sit by the fire and chat with my mom and younger brother Red. This almost never happens, so the solo time with both of them felt special. It was a really nice way to end the night. And then I went home and started watching one of my favorite Christmas movies, Miracle on 34th Street. It’s kind of a Thanksgiving tradition for me!
I’ve been cooking all weekend. I have a trip to New York this week, so I’m prepping content ahead for the time I’ll be away. I’m looking forward to experiencing all the New York holiday magic! I will for sure be walking down 5th Avenue to see the holiday windows, so fun!
Hoping you’re all settling into these cold, cozy days. Enjoy this week’s favorites, I’m sharing A LOT of Cyber Week sales below. And of course, there’s plenty of Christmas/holiday inspiration too.
1. things i’m loving, wanting, and excited to try.
loving…the Gingerbread Smash! Been burning this scent nonstop all weekend. The candle is 30% off this week! Uc off both Pumpkin Smash and Gingerbread Smash today through Tuesday, November 28th. Or better yet, buy the Half Baked Smash Bundle (also 30% off with code)!
everything in my cart (low)…this is the perfect wool blend short coat from Zara. I know my mom would love something like this for Christmas.
listening to…Ourplaylist. This is the BEST playlist. It includes all my favorites. I love the classics!
shopping…. The found the best designer deals.
loving…this cutefor a kid’s bedroom. So sweet.
everything in my cart (beauty)…the facialist I LOVE to see anytime I’m in New York, Cynthia Rivas just launched her new website. She is offering 25% off on some of my favorite (and rather pricy) products. You have to take advantage of the sale!
My favorites for the morning (in order of use), the . Next, I use the or ., then , followed by the
For the night, I use most of the same products, except I swap out the serums for these.
In addition, I also love the, , and .
And then Cynthia said she’d recommend these for any skin type. Either theor as a moisturizer, The is her go-to cleanser. And her favorite eye is the . For an exfoliator, she recommends the . And her sunscreen of choice is . She also mentioned that the is a great gift set to try a few products!
Lastly, a few sales from Ulta. The Sunday Riley C.E.O. Vitamin C Rich Hydration Cream, Pro Artist 24K Gold Collection Extended Barrel Curling Iron (under $45), and The Curl Party Heated Curling Round Brush.
watching…Christmas movies all season long and nothing else. My mom and I are working on our annual “to watch” list (#5) that we share every year. It’s coming next Sunday! Until then, I rewatched Falling for Christmas (which is so cute) and The Grinch (LOVE – and Oslo is obsessed with Mr. Grinch). And thinking maybe Best. Christmas. Ever. tonight. Not sure about this one, so I will report back!
This Canadian Goose hooded quilted cotton-shell down jacket is the perfect winter coat. Worth the splurge, you’ll have it for a lifetime. Also, this pretty Bandana Shearling Jacket too. Different style, but cute.
shopping…new Boll & Branch sheets. I love their Signature Hemmed Sheet Set, Signature Hemmed Duvet Set, Waffle Bed Blanket, and their Plush Bath Towel Set. I use their sheets and towels daily, they’re perfect, and I love knowing they’re ethically sourced and organic.
watching…. I need to watch them all – of course!
2. The most popular recipes of November.
Also have to mention: The Most Popular Side Dishes
Also, I just have to note a few more that were in the top 5 this month. Herb and Butter Roasted Turkey with White Wine Pan Gravy. And our 2023 Thanksgiving Menu and Guide. As was the Creamy White Chicken Chili.
3. Cyber week sales – beauty.
4. December list and new holiday traditions.
Here is a list of nine things I’d love to do over the next couple of weeks. Last year my family was traveling most of December. This year we’ll all be home more. I’m looking forward to trying to do all of the holiday things listed here.
- Do a Christmas puzzle! So fun! I want to do this Christmas Eve and make it a new tradition. This was an idea from last year that we didn’t do it.
- Decorate my house! It needs some holiday cheer! Checked this off! Done!
- Watch all the Christmas movies possible. Of course, if you have any favorites please send them my way!
- Hot chocolate for Asher every day. And maybe a gingerbread latte occasionally too. This one will be easy, Asher has already been coming down at night for some hot cocoa while we clean.
- A walk down 5th Avenue in New York. I want to stroll the stores to find Asher something special. I don’t care if I can buy it online, I want to find her something in New York!
- Do something thoughtful for someone every day. I did this last year and loved it. My favorite was sending a random text of good cheer to a friend or family member. Starbucks gift cards are an easy much appreciated gift. And for someone who needs a little more cheer, you can never go wrong with flowers and a candle!
- Simmer my Christmas potpourri the week leading up to Christmas.
- Order everyone Christmas pajamas. I love holiday PJs so much. I felt like the pajamas needed their own favorite number. So many cute and festive options this season.
5. Christmas Cookies to Bake this Week.
Speaking of cookies, I ordered this Edible Gold Glitter Spray and Gold Highlighter Luxury Cake Dust via Amazon today. Not items I would normally purchase, but think they might be fun for cookie decorating!
6. Inspiring me – Christmas everything.
7. Favorite links i’m loving.
…time to shop.
Cashmere Guide: the Best Brands to Shop…we love cashmere.
…so cute. Love this holiday trend.
…time to plan.
8. Cyber Week sales – Fashion/accessories.
gifts for her
Shopbop Black Friday Buys
Madewell’s 50%-Off Black Friday Sale
9. This week’s dinners + favorite weekend eats.