Nine Favorite Things
Happy December everyone!
December first hit and it has turned into a winter wonderland up here in the mountains. We have full coverage of snow and brrr, it is cold. But very pretty and festive of course! I’m loving every minute of it!
I think we all know just how exciting this time of year is. And how happy it makes me feel! Even under a lot of stress and pressure, the joy of the season brings me so much happiness. It can be hard to manage everything, and the to-do list never-ending, but even still, this season is magical!
There is so much excitement for what’s to come. This year, more than any other, there seems to be so much anticipation, talk, and chatter for the holiday to come. Lots of prep and planning, and of course shopping.
But what’s always most important to remember is the real meaning behind the season. Celebrating with loved ones, giving back when possible, and remembering to lead with kindness and generosity. It’s a time for giving and thinking of others. Taking the time to really think about that one special gift that could really make a difference in someone’s life? How to lend a helping hand? And of course, remembering all that we have to be thankful for!
It’s can be so easy to get caught up in the shopping, party planning, and nights spent celebrating. We can forget to stop and remember what this time of year is all about. I guess I’m encouraging us all to stop and remind ourselves to slow down. Enjoy every minute of this special time, and think of others first. Small acts of kindness…helping someone with their groceries, offering to babysit, or even buying the person behind you in line a cup of coffee. These small acts can really turn someone’s day around!
I didn’t plan on going on a rant there, but I needed this reminder myself!
Moving along! My family, mom, dad, Creighton, Asher, and Oslo are in Europe living their best life. They spent this last week in Paris and are now spending time in Prague before heading to Vienna, and Munich! Their trip looks amazing and I can’t wait to take Asher back to Paris sometime in the very near future!
As for me, I’m currently in Colorado, but prepping for some travel myself. I’ve been cooking and baking a lot this week. I’ve had many frustrating failed cookie recipes, but I’ve also had a handful of successes. I can’t wait to share them over the next two weeks! ‘Tis the season!
My dad cut me down a fresh Christmas tree before heading off. But as I was taking my time to decorate it I began to realize that it was very much dying, which is so sad! Someone help! I need a real, live fresh tree!! All I want is a good Charlie-Brown-style tree. Cute, small, and unique! I’ll have to wait until I get back from traveling, but don’t worry, I’m going to get just the right tree the second time around!
Not much else to really report. If you missed it, we shared out BIG 2022 Christmas gift guide this week. The team and I spent weeks putting this together, it’s our best gift guide yet! Hoping it helps you find some wonderful ideas!
Have a great Sunday and enjoy this week’s December favorites!
1. Things I’m loving, wanting, and excited to try.
wanting…every sold out pair of UGGS. I love the UGG Neumel Suede Platform Ankle Boots in chestnut, but they are sold out everywhere. So then I kept looking and found the UGG Neumel Heritage Platform Chukka Boot, but they are sold out too. Something about UGGs. They sell out every single Christmas!
everything in my cart (low)…love this hooded long sleeve tee from Alo. It’s on sale too! It would be cute with this cable knit beanie from UGG. Or try that cute hat with this structured cable knit sweater from & Other Stories or maybe this long quilted puffer from Abercrombie.
listening to…Hailey Bieber on Call Her Daddy. You never know what people are going through and I loved learning about her struggles. People on the internet can be so mean. Always remember there is a real person behind the screen.
everything beauty…all things Laneige. I read that the brand Hypoallergenic Cica Sleeping Mask is the one product you need to help reduce redness. I still need to try their Lip Sleeping Mask with Vitamin C. And then, their Lip Glowy Balm in any shade is a fun stocking stuffer.
Speaking of lip treatment, my all-time favorite peptide lip treatment from Rhode Skin is finally back in stock. Hurry, it sells out fast.
And last, almost everything from Tatcha. Their hand cream is my favorite, and their dewy skin cream and indigo overnight repair are hydration staples. They feel amazing on the skin. I love the dewy serum as well, and then the body butter! Love the body butter!
order…the Apple airpods max. Our giveaway for these is live on Instagram right now!
reading…One December Day. We all need a good Christmas book!
Supporting…Advocates for Children and Families (ACF). Most of you know adoption is near and dear to my heart. ACF has been serving children and families for 30 years. ACF is known for finding forever homes for the most medically fragile children.
Every child deserves a permanent, safe, and nurturing home. ACF has had 100% success in finding families for the most medically fragile infants. This Giving Tuesday week HBH is matching up to $20,000 in donations made to ACF.
If you are able, you can make a donation here.
loving…Dyson kids toy vacuum. Oslo has this and loves playing with it while my dad vacuums. It’s so cute. We just got 2 more for my nephews for Christmas. Also, I grabbed a big people Dyson for my brother too. I got him the Dyson slim, which is my favorite, I love my Dyson.
wanting…Dyson hair care. Everyone is always talking about how good the Dyson hair products are, which is the best to get?
watching…Something From Tiffany’s. This looks so cute. It premieres December 9th on Amazon and I can’t wait. Also, see my giant Christmas to-watch list below.
everything in my cart (high)…this Prada mini satin mini pouch is a fun holiday look. Same with the Prada pointed toe pumps. I love the way this Gucci wool coat looks with knee high boots. This wool blend coat from Reformation is much more affordable however and similar.
shopping…for Asher and my mom. Any ideas? I’ve ordered a couple of things (I can’t say here, my mom edits these!). But I always love your ideas! Especially for Asher.
drinking….Christmas Vacation Dirty Chai Cocktail (with mocktail).
watching…Christmas at the Plaza. This one is old, but I love it.
2. Christmas cookies to bake.
3. Mens gift ideas.
Target Christmas decor
4. Favorite questions of the week.
q: Just wanted to say how proud I am of your accomplishments. Been your Follower 4 ever.
a: You guys, messages like these 🧡🧡 mean so much to me! You’re the reason why I’m so excited to jump out of bed every day and keep working 24/7. You’re always my biggest supporters and always cheering me on. We really feel like family!!
q: what would little Tieghan think of you now?
a: She would have never, ever guessed that she could have built all that I have built. Like never in a million years. I’ve always doubted myself and what I could do. I still do, but I do know that I can do more than I think I can.
q: favorite pajama recommendations?
a: I always get the flannel PJs from J Crew this time of year. I’m a sucker for the holiday plaid colors. They’re on sale right now too – 50% off!! Love that.
If you want to splurge I am seriously considering this cashmere set from Naked Cashmere. I’m also a sucker for cashmere. It’s worth every penny. I love every piece from White + Warren. Their cashmere pants and socks are worth it.
Also, these Alo cashmere pants are another grea.
q: do you like silver or gold jewelry?
a: I used to just say gold, but I’m loving mixing gold and silver right now.
q: What are your family’s Christmas traditions?
a: We don’t have any super special traditions, but here are some of my favorites. I love cutting down our Christmas tree on Thanksgiving Day. Listening to music throughout December, Hallmark movies, beef tenderloin on Christmas Eve, and monkey bread on Christmas morning. We’re always together for Christmas week and New Years’. Everyone comes to CO. We always do a sleigh ride dinner while everyone is here. There are like 20 people crammed into my parent’s house with my siblings + cousins, then girlfriends, a husband, wives, and now kids!! Complete chaos but also wouldn’t change it for the world.
q: how do you suggest someone gain confidence in the kitchen?
a: Cook every day. Follow people you admire and just keep cooking. The more you cook, the more confidence you will have. And remember it’s just food, if you mess up just try again another day. You can always order pizza!
q: do you do all your own food prep or do you have help?
a: I don’t usually grocery shop, and my dad helps me clean at the end of the day. But everything else I do! That means I’m chopping, prepping, washing, cooking, styling, etc.
q: It’s hard not to notice how hard you work! How do you stay consistent?! Even while traveling?
a: I really love what I do and I love sharing with you guys. The fact that you allow me into your homes/lives by cooking my recipes continues to keep me inspired. I love being able to share easy recipes with you that can help you enjoy good food and family even more. I love sharing my style and life with you all. And I love being a happy, positive place you can come to when things can sometimes feel down or scary. Plus I have soooo much more planned for HBH. It excites me daily!! Only more to come.
5. My 2022 Christmas Movie List.
every movie to watch (or a lot of them), the new and the classics
1. Christmas with You – Follows a pop star who’s got a career burnout and escapes to a small town where she finds not only inspiration but a shot of love.
2. The Noel Diary – The story of a man who returns home on Christmas to settle his estranged mother’s estate. Once there, he discovers a diary that may hold secrets to his own past and of a beautiful young woman on a mysterious journey of her own.
3. Scrooge: A Christmas Carol – A supernatural, time-traveling, musical adaptation of Charles Dickens’s cult Christmas story
4. The Claus Family 2 – Jules Claus has embraced Christmas again and is getting ready for the busiest time of the year together with grandpa Noël. Everything seems to go according to plan until Jules receives a very special letter with an intriguing question. 5. Falling for Christmas – In the days leading up to Christmas, a young and newly engaged heiress experiences a skiing accident. After being diagnosed with amnesia, she finds herself in the care of the handsome lodge owner and his daughter.
6. The Boss Baby: Christmas Bonus – Christmas Eve takes a twisty turn when the Boss Baby accidentally swaps places with one of Santa’s elves and gets stranded at the North Pole.
7. I Believe in Santa (release date Dec 13th) – Love is a gift. But when you find out the man you’ve fallen for still believes in Santa, do you accept it – or send it back? 8. Love Hard (from last year but really cute) – Love is a gift. But when you find out the man you’ve fallen for still believes in Santa, do you accept it – or send it back?
9. Klaus (2019) – When Jesper distinguishes himself as the postal academy’s worst student, he is stationed on a frozen island above the Arctic Circle, where the feuding locals hardly exchange words let alone letters. Jesper is about to give up when he finds an ally in local teacher Alva, and discovers Klaus, a mysterious carpenter who lives alone in a cabin full of handmade toys. These unlikely friendships return laughter to Smeerensburg, forging a new legacy of generous neighbors, magical lore, and stockings hung by the chimney with care.
10. The Princess Switch (2018) – Competing in a Christmas baking competition in Belgravia, a Chicago baker bumps into the prince’s fiancée–who looks just like her. They switch lives for two days.
11. Christmas With A View (2018) – This Christmas, Thunder Mountain Ski Resort is abuzz when celebrity chef Shane Roarke is named the new head chef. Clara Garrison isn’t as excited and is instead focused on getting resettled after her failed attempt at opening a restaurant in the city. With their paths constantly crossing, will their shared passion for cooking bring them together or will secrets keep them apart?
12. Angela’s Christmas (2018) for families – A trip to church with her family on Christmas Eve gives young Angela an extraordinary idea
13. A Castle for Christmas (2021)- To escape a scandal, a bestselling author journeys to Scotland, where she falls in love with a castle – and faces off with the grumpy duke who owns it.
1. The Santa Clauses – Scott Calvin is back! After being Santa Claus for nearly thirty years, he’s as jolly as ever. But as Christmas declines in popularity, so does his Santa magic. Scott struggles to keep up with the demands of the job, as well as being there for his family. Upon discovering there is a way to retire from his post, Scott considers stepping down as Santa Claus and finding a worthy successor so that he can become a better father and husband.
2. Noelle – Santa’s daughter must take over the family business when her father retires and her brother, who is supposed to inherit the Santa role, gets cold feet.
1. The Holiday Dating Guide (Lifetime – release date Dec 17th) – Dating coach and aspiring book author Abigale Slater is tasked by her publisher Jack to prove that her dating advice really works. With that, she decides to make a man fall for her by Christmas Eve in 12 days.
Hallmark Picks…there are SO many.
1. Noel Next Door – follows a single mom as she gets into a war of words with a neighbor who is ruining Christmas, only to find that this misunderstood grouch just may steal her heart.
2. A Kismet Christmas – tells the story of Sarah, a children’s book author who returns to her hometown where she reconnects with her family and her teenage crush. She soon discovers that a family legend might actually be true.
3. A Cozy Christmas Inn – Real-estate exec Erika travels to Alaska during the holidays to acquire a bed-and-breakfast and discovers that it’s owned by her ex. Soon she falls in love with the town…and maybe with him again?
5. Holly & Ivy (2020) – A contractor helps a woman renovate a house so she can adopt a sick neighbor’s two children.
6. A Nashville Christmas Carol (2020) – A workaholic television producer receives a visit from her recently-deceased mentor, who warns her that her current path leads to a dark future.
7. Christmas at the Plaza – An archival historian is hired to create a Christmas display at the Plaza Hotel and is paired with a handsome Christmas decorator to bring it to life.
8. Next Stop, Christmas (2021) – Angie is determined to spend Christmas alone but her usual commuter ride turns into a Christmas train that drops her off in her home town in 2011.
9. My Christmas Family Tree (2021) – When Vanessa receives the results from her Family Tree DNA test, she discovers a family she didn’t know existed and travels to their home for Christmas.
1. Elf (a forever favorite) 2003 – One Christmas Eve a long time ago, a baby crawled into Santa’s bag of toys Raised as an elf. Buddy goes looking for his true place in the world–in New York City.
2. Christmas with the Kranks (2004) – Fed up with the commercial aspects of Christmas, particularly all the money spent, and alone for the holiday for the first time in decades, as their daughter has just joined the Peace Corps, grumpy Luther Krank and his sweet wife, Nora, decide to skip Christmas this year and forgo the gifts, the tree, the decorations, the cards, the parties and to spend the dollars saved on a 10-day Caribbean cruise.
3. The Spirit of Christmas (2015) – 12 days before Christmas, Kate is trying to close the sale of a historic inn, only to find Daniel, the ghost of a man who died a century ago, and he needs her help to unravel the mystery of his annual holiday haunting.
4. A Gift Wrapped Christmas (2015) – Personal shopper Gwen’s new client is a workaholic single father. When Gwen meets his 7-year-old son, she makes their lacking father-son relationship her Christmas mission.
5. Christmas Contract (2018) – A recently-single woman dreads the thought of going back to her hometown in Louisiana for Christmas when she finds out her ex-boyfriend will be there with his new girlfriend.
6. The Rooftop Christmas Tree (2016) – Every Christmas, Dale fastens a tree to his roof and decorates it for the season; and every year he’s arrested for it. Determined to keep Dale out of jail, a judge orders an attorney and prosecutor to defend Dale.
7. Last Christmas (2019) – A troubled Christmas store elf finds attraction and inspiration in a mysterious stranger in this endearing holiday tale. 8. Illumination Presents – Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch (2018) – The Grinch tells the story of a cynical grump who goes on a mission to steal Christmas, only to have his heart changed by a young girl’s generous holiday spirit. 9. Three Days (2001) – An angel gives a literary agent a second chance with his wife after she suddenly dies before Christmas.
1. Spirited (Apple TV)- A musical version of Charles Dickens’s story of a miserly misanthrope who is taken on a magical journey.
2. A Christmas Story Christmas (HBO Max) – Follows the now-adult Ralphie as he returns to the house on Cleveland Street to give his kids a magical Christmas like the one he had as a child, reconnecting with childhood friends, and reconciling the passing of his Old Man.
3. My Christmas Fiancé (Hulu) – A part-time student at a resort restaurant in beautiful Italy is hired by her boss to be his fiancée for the holidays, so he can avoid getting married.
4. A Merry Christmas Wish (Hulu) – Janie returns to her hometown of Woodland Falls when her great-uncle passes away, and she discovers that he has surprised her with a special gift: the family homestead, her childhood home.
5. All I Want For Christmas (Hulu) – A young girl’s Christmas wish for her divorced parents to get back together becomes a reality with a twist of holiday joy, comedy, and laughter.
The Classics (which will forever be my favorites)
1. The Grinch (2004)
2. Miracle on 34th Street (1994 remake, original 1947)
3. The Santa Clause (all of them – 1st one came out in 1994 – new series on Disney+)
4. Elf (2003)
5. Home Alone (all of them – 1st one came out in 1990)
6. Eloise at Christmastime (2004)
7. The Polar Express (2004) 8. Frosty the Snowman (1969) 9. Santa Claus is Coming to Town (1970) 10. Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer (1964)
11. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation 12. White Christmas (1954) 13. It’s a Wonderful Life (1947) 14. It Happened One Christmas (1977) – this is a favorite of my mom’s. It’s a woman in the role of George Bailey (Mary Bailey, played by Marlo Thomas).
Question: What are your favorite Christmas movies?
6. Photos from Paris.
7. Favorite links I’m loving.
…need to try this.
…so many ideas.
30 Cheesy Holiday Movies to Stream…love everyone’s holiday movie list!
…I need to make my December list.
…love these ideas.
…my parents, Creighton, Asher, and Oslo are going to the one in Vienna…so pretty!
…some cute finds.
Winter Workout Clothes…30 Things I’d Add.
16 Desk Essentials Your Body Will Thank You Big Time For…for everyone.
8. Some cozy winter style basics.
9. This week’s dinners + weekend eats.