Well guys it is 2013! And I want to clean!
I know I am a crazy person! But with all twenty-one of our guest leaving today the house needs a good scrubbing, a trip to the store and some organization!
It always feel’s good to get back in the swing of things! Well at least for me. I know some people who would argue that (and who think I am a nut case)!
We have had so much fun over the last two weeks. They were filled with family and friends and LOTS of good food! Dinners have been beef tenderloin with blue cheese and herb butter, turkey with gravy and mashed potatoes, stuffed sun-dried tomato chicken with penne and brussels sprouts, pulled BBQ Pork (soo good, recipe soon!), my aunt Katie’s white lasagna and then there was New Years Eve.
New Years Eve I made a mexican feast! Filled with homemade hot tamales, Queso Fundidio, mexican rice ane homemade guacamole. It was a delicious way to ring in the new year.
With all the cleaning and organizing I thought this light and yummy quinoa salad would be perfect to keep us going. It’s great packed up for lunch, a nice side to some grilled steak or chicken for dinner or even a good light dinner. It is chuck full of protein from the quinoa and loaded with tons of antioxidants from the tomatoes, olives, and spinach. Throw in some crumbled feta cheese and you will feel like you are sailing the Mediterranean!
Yum-oh! (No, I promise I do not watch a lot of Rachel Ray. It is just that my cousins say Yum-oh all the time and after two weeks it is catching on)
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Servings: 6 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 188 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Collection
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 4 ounces feta cheese about a half cup
- 1 tablespoon kalamata olive juice the brine that olives are jarred in
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Combine the water and quinoa in a medium sized pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and let cook for about 15 minutes, or until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water. Fluff with a fork.
- Well the quinoa cooks make the dressing. Combine the olive oil, olive juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced tomatoes, olives and spinach. Add quinoa and mix well. Drizzle the dressing on top and add feta cheese.
- Toss everything together. Serve immediately or store in the fridge until serving.
Starting the new year off right!