If I could give Monday a big fat bear hug, I would.
Yes, you read correct. I am happy it is Monday.
The weekend was cold, snowy, loud, and non-stop.
Actually, that is pretty much every weekend around here.
Our house is loud, messy, and full of chaos.
This is the total opposite of my personality.
If you have not figured it out by now, I am a total type A person. I like a very clean and calm environment. I like lists and I like routines. My family however, does not. How I have survived nineteen years with them is beyond me. I love them to death, but they drive me insane!
My family thinks I am clinically insane, but I am 99% sure any other normal person would run screaming from our house.
For some reason this weekend was especially loud. I think it was due to the fact that Asher HAD to wear my black pumps all over the kitchen. She clamped like crazy for what felt like hours.
Oh, and I am pretty sure she walks better than I do in heels. She is talented. Very talented.
So yeah, I am super happy it is Monday. Things a normally a little calmer during the week. Normally, but again in the Gerard house you can always expect the unexpected.
Anyway, let’s talk tacos! Specifically, Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos with an insanely delicious Chipotle Mango Salsa!
Yeah you guys, Mango Salsa is pretty much just amazing! Like whoa! Especially with crispy Mahi Mahi all stuffed into a warmed tortilla.
Plus, these tacos are so much fun. They totally take you to a tropical place, even if is a blizzard outside (seriously, the snow has not lightened up since Friday afternoon and it is still going strong). Oh, and did I mention they take maybe thirty minutes to throw together. So really there is NO excuse not to make these tonight.
Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos with Chipotle Mango Salsa
Servings: 6 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 169 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Shop ingredients at your local Target store. Learn more
Chipotle Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 mango peeled and chopped
- 1 roma tomato chopped
- 1 avocado pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chipotle in adobo from canned chipotle chilies
- 1 glove garlic minced or grated
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
View Recipe Comments
- In a small bowl combine the paprika, chipotle chile powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and a pinch of salt and pepper. Rub the Mahi Mahi all over with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and then rub all of the spice mixture on the fish. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix the chopped mango, chopped roma tomato, chopped avocado, adobo sauce, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Toss well. Note that this will keep in fridge for up to 3 days.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add a tablespoon of oil. When hot, add the Mahi Mahi, flesh side down. Cook about 4-5 minutes and then flip and cook another 4-5 minutes or until crisp and mostly cooked through. Remove from the pan. Remove the skin and either flake with a fork or chop into chunks.
- To assemble heat your tortillas either in the microwave or if you have a gas stove top, over an open flame for 10-15 seconds on either side. Lay the fish down the middle of one tortilla and then top with the Mango Salsa. Fold over and devour!
If only I could eat these poolside on a hot Florida night.
Shared with: Time to Sparkle, Lil Luna, Chef In Training, Buns In my Oven, Foodie Friday Friends, Tidy Mom, Taste and Tell, Cheerios and Lattes, Somewhat Simple, Mom on Timeout, I Heart Nap Time, Fine Craft Guide, The Country Cook, Whipperberry, Chef In Training, Thursday’s Treasures, A Pinch Of Joy, Whats Cooking With Ruthie, Watch Out Martha