The excitement over these burgers is kind of beyond me now.
Before I even made them, I was so excited about them.
But after I made them, the excitement grew times a million. Now that I finally get to tell you all about them I am just ecstatic.
I do realize that I sound a little crazy right now.
I know these are only burgers, BUT they are really not just any burger.
I am deeming these the official burger of summer because they offer some of summer’s greatest treasures.
Plus a little browned butter and bacon…
Sorry, I couldn’t resist adding those two. They just scream, “put me with some lobster”.
Anyway, let’s talk about how to build this incredible burger.
First, you start with the patty. To keep things a little cheaper I used a combo of lobster and shrimp. I think I used more lobster than shrimp, but use what you budget allows. To the seafood, you add some Panko, lemon, a pinch of cayenne and what I like to call the magic ingredient, Gruyère cheese.
I swear it makes the patties just melt in you mouth. So good.
The only down side to these patties is that I don’t really think you should attempt to cook them on the grill. I actually tried that first and while I was able to get them to stay together, they stuck to the grill a little. It is just a lot easier if you fry them in a skillet. If you have a cast iron skillet, I would put that on the grill and cook them that way if you don’t want to heat up your stove top.
After the patties comes the Browned Butter Lemon Aioli. Here is the thing, I normally despise any kind of aioli because mayo really grosses me out, but lately it’s been working for me, and it ESPECIALLY works for these burgers. Like you cannot skip it. Not only does it have browned butter, but it has sweet thai chili sauce making it a little spicy and a little sweet.
It may seem odd, but sometimes those odd combos really work and this is definitely one of those times.
I promise the aioli is worth making.
And now one of my favorite toppings, the salsa.
It is basically summer all packed into a delicious salsa. The base is sweet grilled corn and sweet peaches mixed together with fresh summer basil, some jalapeño, a little lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Perfection
And then of course there’s the bacon and avocado. Can’t skip those either.
Oh and we can’t forget the buns. You NEED good buns. I made brioche buns with a sprinkle of sea salt on top and they were perfect.
I recommend either brioche, potato or pretzel buns, but I really love the brioche buns!
And maybe a side of crispy baked fries too, because what’s a burger without a side of fries?
Lobster Burgers w/Browned Butter Lemon Aioli + Basil Corn Salsa, Bacon ‘n’ Avocado.
Servings: 6 BURGERS
Calories Per Serving: 629 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Shop ingredients at your local Target store. Learn more
- 1 pound fresh lobster meat about 4 tails
- 1/2 pound raw shrimp peeled + deveined
- 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs use gluten free if needed
- 1/4 shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 brioche or pretzel burger buns toasted (use gluten free if needed)
- 6-8 slices cooked thick cut bacon
- 1 avocado sliced
Browned Butter Lemon Aioli
Basil Corn + Peach Salsa
- 2 ears [grilled corn | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/exactly-how-i-grill-my-corn-chipotle-lime-and-cotija-cheese-butter/]
- 1 peach finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil sliced or chopped
- 1 jalapeño seeded + chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- pinch of salt
View Recipe Comments
- Add lobster and shrimp meat to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until it’s somewhat ground. You can also chop the lobster and shrimp very finely with a sharp knife.
- Remove and add the seafood to a bowl with the Panko bread crumbs, gruyere, lemon zest, cayenne, salt and pepper. Mix with a spoon until just combined. Form into 6 equally sized burgers. Place the burgers on a plate, cover and place in the fridge for 15-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the aioli and salsa. In a heavy-bottomed sauce pan add the butter and melt over medium heat until just browned. Butter will melt, foam, and froth, and then begin to brown along the bottom. Whisk the browned butter bits off of the bottom of the pan and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile add the mayo, lemon juice, sweet thai chili sauce, garlic, pinch of cayenne, salt and pepper to a medium sized bowl. Stir in the cooled brown butter and whisk until smooth and combined, cover and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- To make the salsa cut the kernels off the grilled corn and add them to a medium size bowl. To the bowl add the peach, basil, jalapeño, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Give everything a good toss. Store, covered in the fridge until ready to use.
- When you are ready to eat, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter and allow it to melt. Swirl the butter around the pan and add as many burgers as you can fit without crowding the pan. Cook the burgers for 5-8 minutes per side or until cooked through. Be gentle when flipping the burgers as they can break easier than your typical burger.
- Spread the bottom of each toasted burger bun with as little or as much aioli as you wish. Add the burger patties, sliced avocado and bacon. Top that with the Basil Corn + Peach salsa. Add the top bun and dive in!
Oh, and an ice-cold glass of watermelon lemonade…or maybe a cold beer. Ahh gotta love summer!