Bringing you all some springtime vibes with these Lemon Chicken Skewers with Creamy Feta Sauce. Grilled (or roasted) spiced herb chicken, served with a honey-lemon vinaigrette and the most deliciously addicting creamy feta sauce. It doesn’t get more delicious than this grilled chicken…simple, healthy, extra colorful, super flavorful, and so delicious. A fun switch-up from the usual chicken dinner.
I am officially feeling spring in the air, and geez, I love it. Yes, we do have snow in the forecast this week, but after the sunniest spring weekend I have nothing but spring recipes on my mind and it’s exciting. Clearly, I’m feeling an odd burst of energy and I blame it all on the sunshine, it’s just refreshing.
The days of full sunshine inspired me to break out my grill pan and make these fun chicken skewers. They’re chock full of Moroccan-inspired flavors and truly the most delicious, addicting creamy feta sauce. I know this is cheesy of me to say, but I really am so excited to share these with you guys! My family loved this recipe. It’s perfect if you need something quick and easy to cook up this week.
As I mentioned above, this recipe was created with Moroccan flavors in mind. But then they also have a slight Greek twist with that creamy, salty feta sauce.
Years ago I made some grilled Moroccan chicken to serve alongside my homemade naan. I remember enjoying it so much, so I did my best to recreate those flavors today! Only I added a few touches to make the recipe even better.
Let’s talk about the details
I marinate the chicken with a combination of some of my favorite spicy Moroccan flavors. It’s a combination of olive oil, smoked paprika, cumin, cayenne, a small pinch of cinnamon, garlic, ginger, and lots of cilantro and parsley. If you don’t love cilantro? Just use the parsley and maybe a handful of mint.
Now, when I say marinate, I really just mean toss the chicken up and let it sit while you get everything else for serving together.
I’m one of those people that never has time to marinate anything, so instead, do a quick marinade. It’s not the most ideal I suppose, but it works, and everything still comes out delicious.
While the chicken sits, I mix up a quick, lemony sun-dried tomato vinaigrette to serve over the chicken that adds that lemony touch to each bite.
Now, onto that feta sauce
As you might expect, I couldn’t share this recipe without including a sauce. You all know how it goes around here, never enough sauce. Enter this delicious feta sauce. It’s whipped feta cheese, with a bit of yogurt, lemon, and whatever herbs you have on hand…or love the most.
The salty feta creates an addicting sauce. Every spoonful is delicious, but it’s especially great over this lemon chicken.
Once you have everything all made/prepped, just grill chicken, and serve it all up! It’s worth the wait!
I then added a very generous amount of that feta sauce, fresh herbs, and a few extra slices of lemons to top the dish off.
Super pretty, on the (very) healthy side, and so very delicious.
These skewers definitely have a little kick to them so the creamy feta sauce is the perfect touch. Everything about this meal is delish. It’s hard to beat…especially when served up with potatoes on the side…and naan. YUM.
Looking for other spring dinner recipes? Here are some of my favorites:
Lastly, if you make these Lemon Chicken Skewers with Creamy Feta Sauce, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Lemon Chicken Skewers with Creamy Feta Sauce
Calories Per Serving: 369 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Collection
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 3 tablespoons, plus 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro and or parsley, chopped
- crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
- juice of 1 a lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichokes
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into thirds
- 6 ounces feta cheese
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tender herbs such as dill basil or parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1. In a bowl, combine 3 tablespoons olive oil, the paprika, cumin, cayenne, cinnamon, 3 cloves garlic, ginger, cilantro, parsley, and a pinch each of chili flakes and salt. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Marinate for 15 minutes or up to overnight in the fridge.2. Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette. In a jar, combine 1/4 cup olive oil, the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, honey, sun-dried tomatoes, 1 clove garlic, and a pinch each of chili flakes, salt, and pepper. 3. To make the feta. Combine the feta, yogurt, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor. Blend until creamy. Stir in the herbs, paprika, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. 4. Set your grill, grill pan, or skillet to medium-high heat. Take skewers and thread the chicken, artichokes, and asparagus pieces on. Grill the skewers until lightly charred and cooked through, turning them occasionally throughout cooking, about 10 to 12 minutes total. Alternately, you can roast the chicken at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes.6. Serve the chicken with the vinaigrette and feta sauce spooned over top. Top with fresh herbs and serve with naan and additional feta on the side.