Puppy Chow or Muddy Buddy? I never know.
My Aunt Katie always used to call it Puppy Chow, so Puppy Chow it is.
I am thinking that it is time I honor her this Christmas and make her recipe for Puppy Chow. Pretty sure my cousins would be down with this… as long as we get to eat her white lasagna (horrible photos – awesome recipe) for dinner first. AND trust me, Aunt Katie’s recipe for puppy chow is better than any other out there. Her’s was extra special, just like she was.
But today we are going to talk about something even easier than puppy chow.
It’s about that time of year when I start breaking out the “idiot proof” recipes. Examples one, two, three and four. When November and then December hits, things get extra crazy for everyone… and for me? Meaning my oven broke…again…for the third time…in less than six months…the thing seriously HATES me…with a passion.
So the real reason you are seeing these cookies today is because my oven decided to stop working, mid pie baking, and while the pie was going to be awesome – think SO much chocolate, I had to dump it because it’s goopy state was not very photogenic. Sorry, but there may be no pie from me this Thanksgiving.
Enter giant sad face.
To say that I was bummed would be an understatement. And I was not just bummed because my pies (yes, pies plural) were ruined, but more because I know there is high probability that the oven will not be getting fixed by Thanksgiving. This? Well, this is what made me cry?
How am I to cook all my sweet potatoes, breads, brussels sprouts and pies and umm the turkey?!?! Thinking I better go buy a whole lot of crockpots.
Please send help.
Or better yet, please send an oven!! Yes, please do! I will send you cookies! Pies! Fudge! Whatever!
Ok, but let’s be serious now and talk about these cookies. I need to cheer myself up and um, talking about cookies does this for me. Technically these are not really cookies, but really just Ritz crackers (the holiday kind of course) with peanut butter, chocolate and powdered sugar. It’s so crazy simple, but you know what? These are awesome.
At first I was feeling all lame for telling you guys about such a simple recipe, but then was like, “these are kind of awesome, and so freaking easy”.
Plus, they remind me of snowballs, which I am all about right now.
And did I mention how easy these are? Just five ingredients you most likely have at home right now, and like maybe twenty minutes of your time. Simple. And FYI chocolate, Ritz crackers, peanut butter and powdered sugar may just be one of the sweetest holiday combos. They’re so perfect for the holidays. If you have some fun holiday sanding sugars on hand you could totally dust a little over these cookies to make them look even more festive and seasonal.
These would be so perfect for any holiday parties or home gifts. People have been going crazy for them, it’s the salty, buttery Ritz. Those crackers are so good I tell ya.
Or you can just keep them all to yourself. That works too.
(Idiot Proof) 5-Ingredient Puppy Chow Ritz Cracker Cookies.
Servings: 32 Cookies
Calories Per Serving: 110 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
View Recipe Comments
- Place the peanut butter and vanilla into a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Spread a little of the peanut butter mixture onto a cracker and sandwich together with another cracker. Repeat until all the crackers and peanut butter filling have been used.
- Place the crackers on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate over a double broiler or in the microwave on full power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Place the powdered sugar in wide bowl.
- Use a fork or your hands to dip the chilled peanut butter sandwiches into the chocolate until completely covered. Place the chocolate covered sandwich directly into the powdered sugar and toss to coat. Place the cookie back onto the baking sheet and repeat with the remaining cookies.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Now those are some perfectly sweet layers – (Idiot Proof) 5-Ingredient Puppy Chow Ritz Cracker Cookies!