Apparently, I am all about the zucchini this week!
Not gonna lie, I can get a little board of zucchini this time of year, BUT not if it involves these muffins or this Hoisin Salmon with Zucchini Slaw from the new cookbook by Ali Maffucci. Oh my gosh, this salmon…and every other recipe in this book… are beyond delicious.
I am so excited to be sharing Ali’s new book with you guys today. Not only are the recipes all incredibly creative and completely delicious sounding, but they’re all made on the healthy side! Yes, totally serious, and it’s the perfect cookbook to get your hands on for all this end of summer produce that is filling up the markets. Ali is the queen of the spiralizer, and she knows how to turn what can sometimes be boring zucchini or even odd vegetables, like kohlrabi and rutabaga, into something truly mouth-watering and heathy for our bodies!
I mean, can you say super woman or what?!?
I’ve had her new cookbook for a good two weeks now, and I can honestly say that you guys will love it!
If you’re trying to eat healthy, but aren’t willing to sacrifice flavor, this is the book for you. However, when it came time to decide on which recipe to share with you guys, I had a really hard time choosing, just ask anyone in my family. I sent them all photos of the recipes I was trying to decide on. I think, no I know, they think I’m crazy, but I just could not decide on my own.
For real though, how was I supposed to choose between things like a tahini beet noodle bowl with falafel, and spiralized shakshuka? I was stressing, so enlisting the family (and friends) was a must. In the end, we all mutually agreed (ok well maybe not my fish hating mom) that the hoisin salmon just sounds way too good to pass up.
So salmon it was!
Plus, I maybe, kind of sort of, had in the back of my mind that I literally had zucchini over flowing outta my fridge and needed a creative way to use it…thinkin’ there may be a lot of you in the same boat??
What I love about this recipe is that it’s bright and colorful, full of flavor and texture, yet still healthy… and easy! It’s truly one of those all-in-one recipes where you get everything you need and want out of a meal.
The hoisin glaze is what makes this dish SO GOOD, and especially when paired with the salmon.
Then lay the salmon over a heaping plate of sautéed spiralized veggies, and you have a quick, healthy dinner, perfect for any night of the week. Yes, please!
Hoisin Salmon with Zucchini Slaw.
Servings: 2 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 930 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the glaze. Place all the ingredients for the glaze in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Place a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the prepared glaze, reserving 1/4 cup in a small bowl. Simmer until the glaze has reduced and thickened into a syrup, about 15 minutes. Remove pan from the heat and brush the salmon with a thin layer of the thickened glaze.
- Bake the salmon for 9-12 minutes or until it is opaque and flakes easily.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, scallions, carrots and bell pepper and cook until al dente, about 3 minutes. Drain the vegetables in a colander, then return them to the skillet over high heat and immediately pour over the reserved glaze. Toss to coat with the glaze for about 1 minutes, then stir in the cilantro.
- Divide the slaw between two plates and top each with a salmon fillet. Garnish with sesame seeds.
View Recipe Comments
*Reprinted with permission from [Inspiralized Everything | https://www.amazon.com/Inspiralize-Everything-Apples---Zucchini-Encyclopedia/dp/1101907452/ref=sr_1_sc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1471969698&sr=8-3-spell&keywords=inspirealized] by Ali Maffucci.
PS. seeing as it is Thursday, a glass of wine or a cocktail would probably pair quite nicely here as well…just sayin’.
PS. Don’t forget to vote for your favorite bloggers in the Bloglovin 2016 awards…Half Baked Harvest is nominated for best food blog, yeah!!
PSS. I’ve also been nominated for the SAVEUR Magazine 2016 Blog Awards for Most Inspired Weeknight Dinners! I would be so grateful if you would go and vote for your favorite blogger. You can vote everyday from now until August 31st! ?