It is such an exciting day!!
Ever since I started the process of creating my own cookbook, I have had the utmost respect for any others who have been through this process, like whoa! Believe people when they tell you that writing a book is hard and will consume your life, BELIEVE them!
My friend Heather who is maybe one of the kindest people out there, just came out with her new cookbook Pure Delicious on Tuesday, and today I finally get to share her gorgeous book with you! Here’s the thing about Heather though, she’s kind of like a super woman in my eyes. You know all those thing I just said about creating your own cookbook? Yeah, while she also has two young girls, a thriving blog and probably about a million and one other things going on, but yet somehow she was able to create this amazing book!
AND, not only that, but Pure Delicious contains 150 recipes without gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, shellfish, or can sugar. Seriously?
Double AND, the recipes are DELICIOUS. No joke, they’re all incredible, plus you’d never guess they’re allergy free!
When Heather’s two young daughters Pia and Coco were diagnosed with food allergies, she set out to create recipes that her daughters would love. She didn’t want them to miss out on classics like pancakes, spaghetti and meatballs… and of course cake…oh and doughnuts too!
So Heather created this amazing book. And guys there’s not a person I would trust more than Heather to create such a KILLER book full of wholesome recipes that everyone can enjoy. Like I am SO excited about it!
Also, I recently just found out that my two-year old cousin, Lake, has celiac disease, so of course I already sent my aunt a copy of Pure Delicious, I just know she will love it!
OK, so let’s move on to the Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri.
Let me just say that 150 recipes is A LOT, and trying to choose just one to share with you guys today was so freaking hard. I went back and forth between so many, but I landed on this grilled skirt steak with chimichurri. I decided that you guys might be looking for a good recipe to grill out, and this is definitely that recipe.
All you need to do is to marinate the steak with some fresh oregano, olive oil and red wine vinegar. Then just make a quick chimichurri sauce, grill the steak and DONE. So super simple, and so YUMMY!
Heather serves the steak with a fresh tomato salad, which I of course love. This is a great meal for a busy weeknight or to entertain guest with. Add a side of steamed rice, potatoes or whatever you are felling and you’ll have the perfect meal…
and then for dessert, make one of Heather’s Chocolate Cakes!!! YUM.
So please tell me I have you convinced? You guys should prolly just head over to Amazon right now and buy yourselves a copy of Pure Delicious. You will be so happy you did!
Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri.
Servings: 6 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 695 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- Place the meat in a resealable plastic bag and add the garlic, salt, oregano, vinegar, and olive oil. Seal the bag and mix well. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to 8 hours.
- To make the chimichurri sauce: finely mince the parsley, oregano, green onions, and garlic. Combine them in a medium bowl with the red pepper flakes, olive oil, vinegar, and lemon juice. Mix thoroughly and season with salt. This can made up to a day ahead of time.
- Preheat the grill to high. Pull the steaks from the marinade and place them on the grill. Dump the remaining marinade over the steaks (a little flare-up is okay!). Grill the steaks for 3 minutes on each side for medium rare. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- While the meat is resting, place the tomatoes and red onion in a a medium bowl and add two generous spoonfuls of the chimichurri sauce. Gently toss the tomatoes and onions with the sauce and transfer them to a serving platter.
- Slice the steak across the grain and pile it on top of the tomato salad. Serve with a generous amount of chimichurri sauce (spoon on top before or serve in a bowl).
View Recipe Comments
*Recipe reprinter with permission from [Pure Delicious | http://www.amazon.com/Pure-Delicious-Delectable-Allergen-Free-Shellfish/dp/0553459252] by [Heather Christo | http://heatherchristo.com/].
Oh, and be sure to make this streak for dinner this week… again, you’ll be so happy you did! 🙂