Yup, more eggs.
I wish I could say I am tired of them, but the truth is I am just addicted and there are even more egg recipes coming. Please, please tell me you love eggs.
But oh my gosh, you know what I really am tired of?
Editing photos. Normally, I love editing photos. It’s a mindless task, well not really, but it is a task I can do while listening to music or half watching a show. So I like it, and I especially like it when I am super excited about the photos. But by the time I got to this post, I had just spent the last two hours editing set after set of photos. Now my eyes just do not want to look at my computer screen anymore.
Like they kind of burn. My eyes I mean.
Plus, Monday is not helping the situation.
Therefore, I’m sorry if these photos seem overly bright or just completely wacko. As I said, by the time I got to this set of photos, I was done. DONE.
But let’s talk salad. Or french bread salad. With steak and eggs and all things Greek.
So basically, this meal came to be because my steak loving family felt deprived and I started to feel a little guilty for not cooking their very favorite thing.
It’s not my favorite thing, but I pretty much cook the food I want to cook all the time, so I figured I’d give in… a little.
I sort of didn’t though, because I made the steak into a salad, and placed it on top of whole grain french bread + some eggs and feta. I mean, did they really think I would just cook them a steak? Yeah, not possible.
The boys obviously ate this minus the salad, but that’s MY favorite part… and the bread, ok and the feta. Fine, and the eggs too. Oh, and I really love kalamata olives + sun-dried tomatoes too.
Come on, I can’t be picking favorites because that would be impossible for me to do.
If steak is not your thing just leave it out all together or swap it for chicken or tuna. Tuna would have been delicious!
Greek Steak Salad French Bread with Soft Boiled Eggs + Feta.
Servings: 6 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 787 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Salad + Bread + Eggs
- 6-8 cups spring greens
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives halved
- 1/4 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes drained of most oil
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped or sliced
- 1 whole grain loaf french bread halved (use your favorite gluten free loaf if needed)
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic halved
- sprinkle of salt
- 6 eggs soft or hard boiled (I used [this method | http://pickledplum.com/how-to-boil-eggs/]
Marinate + Grill the Steak
- Whisk olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper in a bowl until combined. Add flank steak to a ziplock bag or baking dish and pour marinade ingredients over top. Marinate in the fridge for 4-24 hours, flipping steak a few times to coat with marinade. When you're ready to make the steak, heat the grill to high heat and grill the steak for about 5 to 6 minutes, flip and grill for 4 to 5 minutes more or until your desired doneness. Let it rest for 10 minutes, then slice thin strips on an angle. You can also cook the steak under the broiler.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rub some olive oil over the cut sides of the french bread. Gentle rub the garlic into the bread and then set aside (reserve the remaining garlic for the dressing). Sprinkle the bread with salt and 2 tablespoons fresh basil. Bake on baking sheet for 10-15 minutes or until toasted.
- Meanwhile combine the spring greens, tomatoes, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, avocado, read onion and basil in a large salad bowl. Toss well and drizzle with the dressing (or serve the dressing on the side), sprinkle with feta. There will be leftover salad.
- In a bowl combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, dijon, sugar, garlic, oregano, basil, dill, salt and pepper. Whisk well, taste and adjust as needed.
- Spread the salad over the toasted french bread. Add the sliced steak and chopped soft boiled eggs. Sprinkle with feta and fresh pepper. Cut into fourths and serve with dressing on the side.
View Recipe Comments
*Steak from [here | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/greek-steak-and-pesto-salad-gyros/]
Monday salad done right….Opa!! <– I had too.