So, you think you don’t like kale?
Raw kale > Crispy kale!
Yeah, it’s like addicting.
So, I made salad.
Really I promise. We totally eat our vegetables (no, really we do!).
You know what the best part about this salad is? Apart from it being crunchy, chewy and cheesy in all the right places, it is easy. Quick and easy. You can even skip the whole grilling process if you have some leftover chicken lying around and I mean really who does not have leftover chicken sitting in their fridge right now? It can’t be just me.
See lately……I have been so tired! Like I am honestly holding my eye lids open as I write this post. I know, glamorous isn’t it?
Going to bed way too late and waking up WAY too early. NOT a good combo.
I have been spending so much time on my photos. Trying to improve them, reading about light (OMG, help! The light is always changing. Sometimes my photos are way too bright or way too dark) and other things. All you photography buffs out there, I envy you, I just don’t understand all this stuff! I love it, but I hate it at the same time. Pretty photos are awesome. Hours of experiments/ pulling my hair out, not so much.
So needless to say I needed a quick meal. A quick, healthy and delicious meal. The crispy kale is so good, you’ll be lucky if there is any left by the time you are ready to toss it with the rest of the salad. The couscous is fun and pairs really well with the kale. The pomegranates, those I am just addicted to.
Crunchy Kale Salad with Coucous, Grilled Chicken and Pomegranates
Servings: 6 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 682 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked coucous
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 pieces large bunch of kale torn from stems and torn into
- 2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast about 1
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds arils
- 1 avocado chopped
- 4 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 cloves large garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper plus more to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Rub the chicken with olive oil salt and pepper. Grill for 7-8 minutes on both sides or until cooked through. Let cool five minutes and then dice into bite size pieces. Set a side and keep warm.
- While the chicken cooks start on the kale. In a glass measuring cup or small bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients, whisk to combine and then season with salt and pepper. Taste and if needed add more salt and pepper.
- Grease a baking sheet and spread kale on the baking sheet. To the kale add 2-3 tablespoon of the dressing (just enough to coat the kale, reserve the rest) massage the kale with the dressing and spread out evenly on the baking sheet.and roast for 10 minutes. Toss well and roast for 5-10 minutes more, until slightly crispy but not golden.
- While kale is roasting bring the water to a boil. Once the water boils, remove from the heat and add the coucous, stir and cover for 10 minutes or until ready to use. When ready to use fluff with a fork.
- Once the chicken, kale, and couscous are all done combine them in a large bowl. Add the toasted pine nuts, pomegranate seeds, avocado and goat cheese. Toss to combine and then add the remaining dressing and toss one more time.
- Serve warm.
So, I think I need to go to sleep now!