I have dinner all figured out for us tonight!
Coconut Lime Chicken Curry! With spring getting closer and closer, I’m loving the idea of brighter dishes. That said, it’s still pretty cold and snowy here. I know a lot of you East Coaster’s are currently covered in the fluffy white stuff too! So cozy food is nevertheless a must. Fortunately, this recipe does double duty by combining both fresh and cozy!
The curry base is a simple mix of lemongrass, chile peppers, ginger, and Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk Blend. I love using coconut almondmilk in my curry dishes. It adds the perfect amount of creaminess and”coconutty” flavor. Plus I usually have some on hand for both drinking and cooking, as it’s my favorite blend of non-dairy milk!
The curry comes together pretty quickly and just needs a little bit of simmer time on the stove. I chose to top each bowl with fresh cucumber, coconut, carrots, sprouts, some basil (use Thai basil if you can find it) and limes. I recently started buying fresh-cut coconut from Whole Foods and I’ve since become addicted. They sell it in the refrigerated section and I’ve been adding it to everything from smoothies to salads and even snacking on it raw, it is so good. Oh, and you cannot forget the noodles! You could also use rice, but I prefer noodles with this curry.
What I love about curry is that you can really throw in whatever you have on hand. I used broccoli, but veggies like bok choy, asparagus, and carrots would be delicious, and in the summer you could use fresh cherry tomatoes and zucchini! You can really have fun and be creative with this recipe, using what you love most or have on hand. Yes, please!
Oh, and another idea for a topping…fresh mango! You guys all know what a freak I am for adding mango to everything I can, but I really think it would be awesome on the this curry!
So what do you guys think…dinner tonight? A nice healthy, but still cozy, Thursday night meal before the weekend eats begin? Thinking it’s the right choice. 🙂
Coconut Lime Chicken Curry with Rice Noodles
- 1/2 sweet onion, quartered
- 2 stalks lemongrass, roughly chopped
- 1 red fresno pepper, seeded
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanut or sesame oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2-3 cups Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original Almondmilk Coconutmilk Blend
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 bunch broccoli, ends trimmed
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped, plus more for serving
- 2 persian cucumbers, sliced
- sprouts, shredded coconut, shredded carrots, for serving
1. In a blender or food processor, combine the onion, lemongrass, fresno pepper, ginger, and garlic and pulse until a paste forms.
2. Heat the oil in a large pot set over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the curry paste mixture and cook until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in the chicken and cook another 2-3 minutes until browned.
3. Pour in the Coconut Almondmilk. Add the fish sauce and broccoli. Bring the mix to a simmer over medium heat and then reduce the heat to medium low and simmer 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened slightly.
4. When the curry is done, remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice, cilantro and basil.
5. To serve, divide the noodles among bowls and ladle the curry over top. Garnish with the cucumbers, fresh basil, sprouts, carrots, and lime. Enjoy!
Thursday night curry for the win!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk, thank you for supporting the brands that keep Half Baked Harvest cooking!