Buttery crackers, eggs, cheese, asparagus, and bacon. And mmm, more cheese. YUM.
Before my family moved to Colorado, every Christmas Eve ( and I mean every Christmas Eve. My mom has done this as long as I can remember) my mom would have a huge party for my dad’s side of the family. This meant around 25-30 people on the night before Christmas morning with 6 kids running around full of excitement. Oh and the thing about my mom is that she is NEVER on time! Never! Most of the time people would be arriving and she would be getting in the shower! Yes, the shower.
Welcome to the Gerards.
It isn’t that my mom feels her time is more important than others or anything like that. In fact it is the total opposite. The problem is she just tries to do way too many things! But that is what happen when you have 7 kids. But some how every Christmas Eve (and to be honest, any major holiday) she made sure all 25 people were well feed and had a good time! Pretty amazing, right?
Ok, now that I got my trip down memory lane over with, it’s on to that sweet and cheesy quiche! My dad’s mom would always bring an Asparagus Quiché that everyone loved! So ever since we have been in Colorado my mom has missed getting her filling of quiche on Christmas Eve. Enter this quiche. I will be right upfront here, it is nothing like my grandmas.
Originally I had intended to try to replicate hers, but I realized I did not have the right ingredients. Story. Of. My. Life. So I drew inspiration from hers. I kept the crust as similar as possible, by making my buttery, sweet sesame crackers (you can use my recipe for this or use store-bought sesame crackers). The crust is what sets this quiché apart from all the rest! It is just so good, thanks to the toasted sesame seeds and brown sugar in the crackers! The filling however is completely different. I used buttery Havarti cheese. And like wow is it good! It is one of those combinations that you might not think to put together, but totally works! It is perfect for holiday entertaining.
Sesame Asparagus Quiche
Servings: 6 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 572 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Sesame Cracker Crust:
- 2 cups Sesame Crackers Crumbs about 25-30 crackers
- 6 tablespoons Butter melted
View Recipe Comments
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. To make the crust mix the sesame cracker crumbs and melted butter until well blended . Press mixture into an 9 inch pie plate or tart pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 7 minutes. Cool.
- Grease a roasting pan and add the asparagus, pinch of salt and pepper and olive oil. If using bacon, line a baking pan with foil. Arrange bacon on a cooling rack or slotted baking sheet and place on the foil line backing pan. place both dishes in the oven and bake to crisp, 15-18 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream, add 3/4 cup of the havarti cheese and 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese. Then stir in the remaining ingredients. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Pour the filling into the cooled pie crust. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 50 minutes or until golden and cooked through (the center shouldn’t jiggle).
- Allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.
You might want to double this one. It is going to be popular.