Do you ever feel like you are a volcano waiting to explode? Like a ticking time bomb?
Yeah, that was me today. A giant volcano full of lava and ready to erupt! Come on admit it, I am not the only one who can feel this way sometimes.
You see there are a lot of people coming in and out of our house, ALL DAY LONG. It never stops – the eating, the cleaning, the noise! With a large family full of boys it is pretty chaotic on a day-to-day basis. For someone like me, a total clean freak and type A person, it can really get to you sometimes! Today was just one of those days.
So you know what I did?
I told everyone to get out! No, not out of the house, but out of the kitchen. My kitchen! I just gave them boot and said let me do my thing!
I have two ways of releasing stress. Hiking and baking. Normally I would just set out on a hike, but I had already done one and was pretty tired. So baking to the rescue! What did I make? A Chocolate Lave Cake! Full of molten chocolate just waiting to ooze out.
Really, is there a better way to de-stress than ooey gooey chocolate?
I let the fam have some too, and even heated back up in the microwave (about a minute depending on the strength of your microwave) these are still delicious! These can be prepared ahead of time and baked during dinner. Making the perfect desert for any of your holiday dinner parties. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a drool worthy dessert. Your friends and family will be licking their ramekins clean!
Chocolate Lava Cakes
Servings: 6 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 736 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Preheat Oven to 450 degrees.
- Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave stirring every 15 seconds until smooth.
- Whip eggs, yolks, sugar and vanilla with a mixer for about 10 minutes on high speed.
- Fold melted chocolate and butter into the egg mixture. Fold in flour until just combined. Grease four 6-oz. ramekins, then spoon the mixture into the ramekins.
- Place one dark chocolate square in each ramekin.
- Bake at 450° F for 10-15 minutes. The center will be quite soft, but the top and sides will be set. Let sit out of the oven for about 5 minutes, then unmold onto a plate or serve in ramekins with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
View Recipe Comments
* These are best served warm right out of the oven, but leftovers can be reheated in the microwave.
Adapted from Ghirardelli.
So please next time you feel like a volcano, just make some chocolate lava cakes and let your stress ooze away.