Who’s ready for the most un-fancy meal ever!?
aka…the perfect Thursday night football meal!!
I guess this might technically be an appetizer, but over here, this Cheesy Buffalo Chicken French Bread was served as dinner, and not gonna lie, it was by far one of my family’s favorites that I’ve made in the last few months. Seems so, like simple, but my family loves, loves, loves anything with buffalo sauce. Way back in the day…ok, like three or four years ago, I was making buffalo chicken for the family at least once a week. It was a go-to meal because literally everyone in the house would eat it (well Asher was little, she hasn’t come to appreciate buffalo sauce quite yet). Mom, dad, brothers… they all just love buffalo sauce. They even dig the blue cheese I like to add.
Since starting the blog, I’ve moved away from making weekly buffalo chicken and on to things like tomato tarts, steak bowls, salmon bowls and french onion pasta. I’d say it was a good thing, but my brothers will highly disagree.
Anyway, my point is that the other week when thinking about a recipe for the start of football season, the thought of buffalo chicken obviously came to mind. I guess I figured since I literally had not made it in months, that I’d try out this fun new recipe.
I mean, how could french bread stuffed with buffalo chicken and cheddar cheese not be beyond delicious?!
It might be simple American flavors, but man it is SO GOOD.
You can all thank my brother Malachi for this recipe. If it was not for his little nudge to make this, you probably wouldn’t be seeing it today. I’m going to be honest, at first I wasn’t sure if everyone in the world was just so over buffalo chicken, but then Kai convinced me, that is not even possible, so I just went with it.
So glad I did because like I said, this is delicious! Nothing not to love.
Alright, so here’s how this works.
…take your french bread and remove the top, make a little room for your buffalo chicken filling.
…now take the bread scraps and turn them into garlic parmesan bread crumbs. YUM.
…mix your buffalo sauce, chicken and cheese.
…stuff that into your french bread.
…add more cheese… obviously.
…bake until golden and melty.
… top with bread crumbs, cilantro, jalapeno + green onions (if you want!).
…drizzle with more buffalo sauce, never enough buffalo sauce.
…cut into pieces… EAT.
For real though, does that not sound like dream football food??? Pretty perfect for today, right? And guys, even if you’re not into football at all, this is still the most perfect dinner for tonight. It’s fast and simple and loved by pretty much everyone.
Oh, and since it is Thursday, all the cheese and bread is A-OK. We all know that Thursday is totally the new Friday… hehe. 🙂
Watch the Hot To Video:
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Stuffed French Bread.
Servings: 8 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 491 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 1 loaf soft French bread
- olive oil for drizzling
- kosher salt + pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce + more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 -2 cups shredded chicken*
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- fresh cilantro + jalapenos + green onions for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Take your french bread and place it on a rimmed baking sheet. Remove the top 1/3 of the bread and then pull out some of the insides to create a space for the chicken filling. Just be careful not to remove all of the bread, you want a thick layer of bread for your boat. Rub the inside of your french bread with olive oil and sprinkle with salt + pepper. Now grab the scraps of bread and tear them into pieces. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, the garlic, parmesan, salt and pepper. Place both the french bread and the bread scraps in the oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are toasted. Remove everything from the oven.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, ranch dressing, buffalo sauce and paprika until combined. Stir in the chicken, half the cheddar cheese, and all of the blue cheese. Gently spread the filling into the french bread in an even layer. Top with the remaining cheddar cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the filling is warmed throughout. Remove and top with the breadcrumbs, cilantro, jalapeños and green onions. Serve with more buffalo sauce and ranch if desired. Eat!
View Recipe Comments
*To make shredded chicken: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast in a roasting pan and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Season with salt + pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Once cooked, allow the chicken to cool and then shred with your hands or two forks. **Inspired by [Carlsbad Cravings | http://www.carlsbadcravings.com/buffalo-chicken-dip-recipe/].
Hip, hip for the start of fall football, and more importantly…fall football eats + drinks. YES!