Buffalo Cheddar Chex Mix.
I have the ultimate snack for you.
And I do mean the ultimate.
And I have waited over a year to share the recipe.
I know, that is just ridiculous. BUT this Chex Mix is just too perfect of a recipe for the Super Bowl, so I had to wait. I am sorry for selfishly making this throughout the entire year and not even saying a word. I kind of feel bad now.
~It’s super easy.
~It feeds a crowd (ok or maybe just two).
~You probably have most of the ingredients on hand now.
~Its got pita chips.
~And pretzel nuggets.
~And buffalo sauce!
Stopping after just one handful is not possible.
If you are planning to make this for Super Bowl Sunday (wow..is that really only a week from today?), I would make a double batch. It’s gonna go fast.
I would write more, but this recipe is so simple, I do not even know what else to say. I could just say over and over how amazingly good this is (it really is so good!), but I feel like that gets just a tad boring. Or really just kind of obnoxious.
Just make it.
Buffalo Cheddar Chex Mix.
Keyword: buffalo, cheddar, chex mix, nuts, pretzel
The ultimate snack mix
- 3 cups corn chex
- 3 cups rice chex
- 2 cups whole wheat chex
- 2 cups mixed nuts or 1 cup peanuts
- 2 cups sourdough pretzel nuggets
- 2 cups pita chips
- 1 1/2 cup sticks butter melted, 3/4
- 3/4 cup hot sauce I like to use franks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3-4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese finely grated
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbled (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In large bowl, mix the Chex cereals, mixed nuts, pretzels and pita chips. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a bowl and mix in the hot sauce and seasoned salt. Pour the buffalo sauce over the cereal mixture, tossing well for 3-5 minutes or until the cereal mixture is evenly coated. Spread evenly over two greased baking pans. Sprinkle the cheese over top of both baking pans.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss with blue cheese. Allow the cheese to melt five minutes and then spread on paper towels to cool, about 15 minutes (or just start eating!!). Store in airtight container.
Time to snack.
**Oh, and I just have to mention, Backwards Day. It is this Friday January thirty-first and I could not be more pumped for it. Normally I do not pay attention to weird holidays like this, but my friends over at Bisquick are making things extra fun this year. They are throwing a Backwards Day Brinner Bash! What’s a brinner bash? Basically it is a huge round-up of breakfast for dinner recipes that you just cannot pass up. All the recipes are amazing and I am so excited for you guys to check out the pancakes I made for the bash. So be sure to head on over to the Brinner Bash this Friday. It is going to be good!