I have the ultimate snack for you…Buffalo Cheddar Chex Mix!
And I do mean the ultimate.
And I’ve waited over a year to share the recipe.
Of course, I do know that’s just ridiculous. BUT this Chex Mix is just too perfect of a recipe for the Super Bowl…so I had to wait. I’m sorry for selfishly making this throughout the entire year and not even saying a word. I kind of feel bad now.
~It’s super easy.
~It feeds a crowd (or can also feed just two).
~You probably have most of the ingredients on hand now.
~It has pita chips.
~And pretzel nuggets.
~And buffalo sauce!
Stopping after just one handful is not possible.
If you are planning to make this for Super Bowl Sunday (wow..is that really only a week from today?), I would make a double batch. It’s gonna go fast.
I could write more, but this recipe is so simple, I don’t even know what else to say. I could certainly just say over and over how amazingly good this is (it really really is!), but I feel like that gets just a tad boring. Or really just kind of obnoxious.
Just make it!
If you make this Buffalo Cheddar Chex Mix, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Buffalo Cheddar Chex Mix.
Servings: 12 CUPS
Calories Per Serving: 717 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 3 cups corn chex
- 3 cups rice chex
- 2 cups whole wheat chex
- 2 cups mixed nuts or 1 cup peanuts
- 2 cups sourdough pretzel nuggets
- 2 cups pita chips
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cups) butter melted
- 3/4 cup hot sauce I like to use franks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3-4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese finely grated
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbled (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In large bowl, mix the Chex cereals, mixed nuts, pretzels and pita chips. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a bowl and mix in the hot sauce and seasoned salt. Pour the buffalo sauce over the cereal mixture, tossing well for 3-5 minutes or until the cereal mixture is evenly coated. Spread evenly over two greased baking pans. Sprinkle the cheese over top of both baking pans.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss with blue cheese. Allow the cheese to melt five minutes and then spread on paper towels to cool, about 15 minutes (or just start eating!!). Store in airtight container.
Time to snack.
**Oh, and I just have to mention…Backwards Day. It’s this Friday, January thirty-first and I could not be more pumped. Normally I do not pay attention to weird holidays like this, but my friends over at Bisquick are making things extra fun this year. They’re throwing a Backwards Day Brinner Bash! What’s a brinner bash? Basically, it’s a huge round-up of breakfast for dinner recipes that you just cannot pass up. All the recipes are amazing and I’m so excited for you guys to check out the pancakes I made for the bash. So be sure to head on over to the Brinner Bash this Friday. It is going to be good!