Loaded Cheeseburger French Fry Salad.
Lets be clear, this is not something I would normally make.
And to be honest, I am not even one hundred percent sure how I feel about this salad.
I mean, it is delicious in every way possible, but cheeseburger in a salad? I am thinking it is one of those things that is so wrong it is right.
This meal came to be for one reason only.
I needed some green in my life and the boys needed some meat. They were hoping for real burgers, but I just could not handle one more full on beef dinner. I just couldn’t. As much as love a good cozy meal, I really love greens. I know that is lame, but I have always loved my vegetables.
Yah, yah, yah.
I had a lot of skeptics about this one (me included), but it kind of turned out awesome. It is everything you love about a cheeseburger, but just a tad healthier (and more colorful), in a salad.
Also, it is every girl’s dream Super Bowl food. They guys will eat it, you will not feel guilty and you get to have one or two chocolate chip cookie stuffed pretzels because you had a “balanced meal”.
Or I mean touch down!
Alright and now for a super quick little talk about the site.
Some of you may have noticed yesterday that the site is having some issues. Err, ok big issues, and I am so sorry for any inconvenience. As of right now, I am not even sure if anyone is going to be able to see this post, but if you can yay! Anyway, basically my site is crashing and I am scrambling to fix it before it completely crashes on me. It was down for hours last night. I am switching to a new host within the next day or two that will hopefully solve my issues, but until that happens the site may be going up and down. I hope it stays up, but there is a good chance things will crash again. SO sorry. I know how frustrating it is to visit a site that does not work. Thank you SO much for sticking with me. I promise this is all getting worked out. AND SOON!
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Loaded Cheeseburger French Fry Salad.
Keyword: cheese, cheeseburger, french fry
It is delicious in every way possible, but cheeseburger in a salad? I am thinking it is one of those things that is so wrong it is right.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 2/3 cups ketchup preferably organic
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons worchestire sauce
- 8 cups butter lettuce chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1-2 avocados diced
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place cut potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with oil, smoked paprika and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper. Gently toss with your hands or two spatulas to evenly coat. Spread onto a baking sheet in one layer. Bake for 15-20 minutes, then flip and bake for 15-20 minutes more. You want the potatoes to be crispy, but not burnt. If you want perfectly crisp fries I recommend spreading the potatoes on a greased wire rack and baking them as directed above. But this way is a bit more work.
- Meanwhile make the dressing and salad. To make the dressing combine the olive oil, white wine vinegar, ketchup, worcestershire sauce and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and beef, brown the beef until it is cooked through and the onions are soft. Add ketchup, mustard and worcestershire sauce, cook another 2-3 minutes or until warmed through. Remove form the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the salad divide the lettuce among four bowls or plates. Top each plate with even amounts of beef. Add the french fries, tomatoes, avocado and green onions. Sprinkle on the cheese. Drizzle with a little dressing. Eat!
Until then, let’s just drown our stresses in cheeseburger salad. And yes, there are fries involved too!