So, guess what?!?
They found our car……..
Get this, at the rec center! How crazy is that? The person who stole the car, who we think may have been a women or a young teen because of how small the footprints in the snow were and how close the driver’s seat was to the wheel (they did have to know how to drive a manual transmission vehicle though) put it right back where they got it from. Same parking lot, same parking spot! So weird!
So at least the car is fine, no harm done.
Well, I take that back they also took the only designer thing I own. A pair of aviator Coach sunglasses that I LOVED. My grandma had bought them for me over the summer (remember we love to shop), they were not even a year old. Major BUMMER. But we got the car back so that’s obviously pretty awesome. I guess the person who stole it felt bad, or maybe they just want my sunglasses, who knows. Pretty bazaar, right?
I guess that is what you get when your car gets stolen in Summit County, Colorado. It get’s returned.
If we were in any other city I am not sure that would have been the case. Well, it might have been returned, but I am not sure it would still look the same. Really, who returns a car they stole?
Alright, I am done talking about stolen cars. Geez, I sound like I just came off the set of the Gone in 60 Seconds movie. I really need to stop… now.
Lets talk brownie batter. That is so much more fun, oh and delicious!
You know how when you are making brownies and all you want to is eat the batter? It is just so gosh darn good that you simply CAN NOT resist a few (ok, a dozen) finger swipes of batter into your mouth. Seriously, it takes all your willpower to not dig into your silverware draw, grab a spoon and dig in. I know, it is tough.
Not anymore, grab a spoon. It is time for a whole lot of brownie batter!
It’s a Brownie Batter Cheesecake with a Fudge Brownie Crust and it is pretty amazing. The brownie batter is so silky, smooth, fudgey, and chocolatey it is just down right awesome! And then, instead of a traditional graham cracker crust, I made the simplest but most delicious, fudge brownie crust. SO MUCH BETTER THAN GRAHAM CRACKERS!
Oh, yeah and then you’re gonna top them with some whipped cream. You know, just cause it’s Tuesday and yesterday was a holiday so it really feels like a Monday. And really all Monday’s need brownie batter, brownies and whipped cream!
Brownie Batter Cheesecake
Servings: 6 cheesecakes
Calories Per Serving: 846 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Brownie Crust:
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup + 1/8 flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- For the filling:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1/8 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened (I used reduced fat), 1 1/2 packages
- 4 tablespoons milk any will be fine
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips plus more for garnish
View Recipe Comments
- Brownie crust: Pre-heat oven to 350. Grease a cupcake tin, you only need to grease six of the molds. Mix canola oil and butter, add cocoa and stir until well blended.
- in a small bowl beat egg with a fork. Add sugar and vanilla, beat well and add the chocolate mixture. Add flour and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. Fill 5 to 6 cupcakes tins with batter and bake for 10-12 minutes. (I recommend under baking them just a little, to ensue a super moist crust. Allow to cool and then crumble and divide evenly between 6 serving dishes. Press into the bottoms and up the sides about half an inch. Set aside.
- Brownie Batter Filling: In a large bowl, whip cream with powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Spoon out of mixing bowl and set aside. Place the 1 1/8 cups flour, 6 tablespoons cocoa powder, sugar, salt, vanilla, cream cheese and milk into same mixing bowl the cream was just in and whip until smooth. Gently fold in half the whipped cream. Spoon or pipe over top the brownie crusts. Top with remaining whipped cream and garnish with mini chocolate chips if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
What are you waiting for? It’s brownie batter, get a spoon and dig in!
Shared with: Inside BruCru Life, Lil Luna, Chef In Training, Buns In my Oven, Foodie Friday Friends, Tidy Mom, Taste and Tell, Cheerios and Lattes, Somewhat Simple, Mom on Timeout, I Heart Nap Time, Fine Craft Guide, The Country Cook, Whipperberry, Chef In Training
It’s an remarkable piece of writing in support of all the online visitors;
they will take advantage frlm it I am sure.
I wanted to thank you for this very good read!
! I definitely loved every bit of it. I have got you bookmarked
to check out new stuff you post…
These looks incredible! I would love for you to join the Pinworthy Projects link party! http://www.atkinsondrive.com/pinworthy-projects-link-party-week-10/