Bonfire Brownies from The Half Baked Harvest Cookbook + Sneak Peak!
Hey, hi!! Today is such a fun day here at Half Baked Harvest!! Not only am I sharing one of my favorite summer recipes from my yet to be released cookbook, but I am also sharing an exclusive sneak peek as well!
Ahhh! First things first. The cookbook’s release is literally just months away, I’m talking only TWO months until the book’s publication. That’s all of July, all of August, and then just twelve days in September! If you had some trouble with the math (that would be me), that works out to September 12th! Just three days before my birthday. <–kind of fun, right?!
Watch the How-To Video:
I know so many of you are excited for the cookbook’s release, so today I thought it would be fun if I teased you all with a little summertime sneak peek of what’s inside my new cookbook. Plus, I want to tell you all about how you can access a few of the summer recipes from the book early. Like TODAY (if you’re super curious skip down to the last paragraph for all the info!)!!
With the 4th of July on Tuesday, I thought these Bonfire Brownies from the book would be the perfect recipe to share. Not only are they sinfully delicious, but they absolutely scream summer! These brownies have been declared the best brownies ever by every member of the Gerard family…plus all “adopted” family members. They are just that good.
Think of your favorite s’more: the marshmallow…all warm and toasty, sandwiched between two sheets of graham crackers, and multiple squares of melting Hershey’s milk chocolate. Now add fudge brownies and salted pretzels. Oh, yes, I went there, and you are going to love it! Here’s how these brownies break down layer by layer: graham cracker, fudge brownie studded with salty pretzels, chocolate squares, and toasted marshmallow. <–aka the bonfire brownie.
Trust me, if you make these brownies this week you will, no doubt, gain celebrity status. But, if you pull them out of the oven only to realize that sharing is just not an option, trust me I get that. No shame.
OKok, and now the super exiting part! As I mentioned the book does not come out until September 12th, BUT I have so many fun summer recipes in the book that I’m just dying to share with you all. Sooooo, here’s how you can access those recipes early and get a sneak peek of the cookbook!
All you need to do is head over to Amazon and pre-order the cookbook. If you preorder the book now, you’ll be given access to FIVE summer recipes from the book, all in the form of a pretty little PDF that you can download immediately after pre-ordering. Yes, yes, yes – five brand new recipes from the cookbook, today. I know, I know, so exciting! <– I seriously am so excited. I hope you LOVE the recipes!
So not only can you have these brownies for your summer fun, but you can also have five of my favorite summer recipes…which may or may not include a pasta and an ice cream. Wink, wink.
How To Pre-Order and Gain Access to 5 Summer Recipes from the Cookbook
Step one: pre-order the cookbook.
Step Two: follow the directions on this form, enter your information, and download the PDF directly from the site.
DONE. It will take maybe five minutes tops. So easy.
For those of you who have already pre-ordered the cookbook (THANK YOU), just copy the purchase order/transaction number from your receipt and follow the steps on this form, enter your information, and download the PDF directly from the site.
So did I sell you yet?!?! Hmmmm……..
Then be sure to make these brownies. Happy Sunday!
- 4-5 whole graham cracker sheets
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 ounces milk (or semi sweet) chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon high-quality instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon Kahlúa (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup smoked almonds, chopped
- ½ cup mini pretzel twists
- 1-2 (1.5-ounce) chocolate bars (I like Hershey’s), broken into squares
- 2 cups large square marshmallows, store-bought or homemade
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil, letting some hang over the edges of the pan.
2. Arrange the graham crackers in a single layer on the bottom of the prepared baking dish, being sure the entire bottom is covered—you may need to break some to fit.
3. Put the butter and milk chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. Add the sugar and whisk until completely combined. Add the vanilla, coffee, Kahlúa (if using), and eggs and whisk until smooth. Stir in the cocoa powder, flour, and salt until smooth and just combined. Try not to overmix the batter; it will be thick. Fold in the almonds. Pour the batter over the graham crackers in the baking dish. Gently press the pretzels on top.
4. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the brownies are set on top. Remove from the oven and immediately add the chocolate bar pieces to the top of the brownies—the chocolate will melt over the brownies. Add the marshmallows evenly over the chocolate and then return the brownies to the oven. After 5 minutes, turn on the broiler. Wearing oven mitts, position a rack in the top third of the oven. Broil the brownies for 15 to 30 seconds, or until the tops of the marshmallow are just golden—watch closely, as they burn fast. Remove from the oven and let the brownies cool in the pan for about 30 minutes.
5. Lift the brownie block out of the pan using the overhanging parchment paper. Cut into squares.