So you need a quick dinner, huh?
Simple ingredients, simple to cook and simply comforting.
Oh, and hey would you look at that. It’s red and it is Valentines Day. Plus it’s pasta. Extra plus it is cheesy. Real cheesy. And not just any cheese, gouda cheese. Which just makes everything that much better. Don’t ya think?
So you want to know the truth?
I totally screwed up today’s original post. Like bad.
I was going to make this fancy dish. With like fancy expensive cheese. It was going to be just awesome. The perfect romantic dinner for Valentines day. Somewhere, I went wrong. For one I think the cheese I used was bad. It had no smell and was just kind of off. Then I added just too much of something, probably salt and definitely too much liquid. I do not know what I did, but it was not good. Nor was it pretty. By this point the kitchen was a disaster. Yeah, and you thought food blogging was soooo glamorous.
Whatever. I am over it. I made something better anyway. Something uncomplicated and just as cozy. As Kai says, “Sometimes you just makes things too complicated.” But he is referring to how I stuff his cookie dough with things like peanut butter, oatmeal and nutella. He’s a little weird.
Quick + Easy Cheesy Baked Skillet Pasta
Servings: 6 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 465 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Collection
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 1 pound gemelli pasta or other short cut pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves large garlic minced
- 1 ounce can san marzano whole peeled tomatoes 28
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup of marinara sauce plus more if desired
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded gouda cheese
- 1 cup shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese plus more for serving
- fresh basil for serving
- Cook gemelli according to directions on package. Drain and set aside. Preheat broiler.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Saute garlic over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring so the garlic doesn’t burn. Add tomatoes, dried basil, parsley, oregano and crushed red pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Begin to break up the tomatoes using the back of a wooden spoon and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly.Continue to break up the tomatoes as you stir. Add the marinara and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Remove from heat and add to the pasta, toss well. Add more marinara sauce if you like more sauce. If your skillet is not oven safe transfer to a baking dish.
- Top with the shredded gouda and mozzarella cheese and place under broiler for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve with parmesan cheese if desired.
Shared with: Inside BruCru Life, Lil Luna, Chef In Training, Buns In my Oven, Foodie Friday Friends, Tidy Mom, Taste and Tell, Cheerios and Lattes, Somewhat Simple, Mom and Timeout, I Heart Nap Time, Fine Craft Guide, The Country Cook