This Cheesy Pesto Avocado Bacon Breakfast Burrito is the perfect easy wholesome breakfast to enjoy. Basil pesto wrapped up with cheesy scrambled eggs, spinach, roasted potatoes, avocado, and crispy bacon. This colorful breakfast burrito is simple to make, freezer friendly, wholesome, and delicious.
So excited about today’s breakfast burrito. It’s not often that I share a savory breakfast recipe. Mostly because when I cook up breakfast for the family it’s usually something sweet with a side of eggs and toast. Nothing too fancy.
But sometimes I love to switch it up, and today, I’m switching it up.
Make ahead, freezer-friendly, breakfast burritos for back-to-school! Promise, they’re easy AND delicious.
I wanted these to be easy to make, so I kept the steps and ingredients minimal. There’s really nothing fancy here!
Start with the eggs. Scramble them up with everything bagel spice, salt, and pepper. I love to cook them in a skillet with a pat of butter. Then plenty of cheese is added to the mix, I like to use cheddar and creamy fontina cheese. The combo is so delicious!
I finish the eggs with a couple of handfuls of fresh spinach. Again, nothing too fancy – just delicious, especially with the everything bagel spice and cheese. Yum!
The rest is basically assembly. You’ll need some large flour tortillas (I always use my homemade ones), leftover potatoes, more cheese, crispy bacon, and avocado. Oh, and basil pesto too, of course!
Wrap everything up the tortillas with the warm eggs, then tuck the burritos into a piece of foil. At this point, you can pause and keep the burritos in the fridge for 1-2 days or freeze them.
If you’re freezing the burritos, I recommend omitting the avocado. Then when you’re ready to serve, just add the avocado alongside the burrito instead.
I toast the burritos in the oven to get the cheese all melty, then slice, eat and enjoy!
These will be really nice for busy weekday mornings this fall as we buckle down and head into the busy fall season. I’m excited to have a few in the freezer for super fast breakfast, lunches, and even dinners. This really is one of those magical recipes that’s great any time of day!
Who doesn’t love a cheesy bacon filled burrito!
Looking for other quick breakfast recipes?
Lastly, if you make this Cheesy Pesto Avocado Bacon Breakfast Burrito, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Cheesy Pesto Avocado Bacon Breakfast Burrito
Servings: 4 burritos
Calories Per Serving: 874 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons everything bagel spice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 4 large tortillas
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup leftover french fries or roasted potatoes
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400° F. 2. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, everything spice, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.3. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Pour in the eggs and cook, undisturbed, until beginning to set on the bottom, 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle on the cheddar. Using a spatula, lift up the edges of the eggs and let the uncooked eggs run underneath. Scatter the spinach over top, and cook another minute. Remove from the heat. 4. Place one tortilla at a time in the microwave for 20 seconds. Spread on a layer of pesto, then add the eggs, potatoes, cheese, avocado, and bacon. Fold the tortilla over the ingredients. Fold sides and ends of tortillas over filling and roll forward. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Wrap the burritos in foil. 5. Wrap the burritos in foil and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese melts. Unwrap the foil, eat, and enjoy!
View Recipe Comments
To Make Ahead and Freeze: Omit the avocado. Wrap each burrito tightly in foil and store in freezer bags. To thaw, remove the foil and thaw them in the microwave on power level high for 60-90 seconds. Each microwave differs though. Serve with avocado.